Click link - Vivaldi starts - standard startup page steels tab focus

• Vivaldi Translator

Scenario: - Vivaldi is not active - Click a link, e.g. via weblink-shortcut in folder or from a 3rd party software - Vivaldi starts - Requested web page is opened in first tab - Standard startup web page is opened in second tab and steels the focus - End result: I clicked a link, but get my standard startup page instead (perception) Suggested solution: Change the order of things. - Start Vivaldi - First open the standard startup page - Last action: open de requested link that was passed via the command line - End result: standard startup of Vivaldi + the requested web page as the last tab, incl. focus

• Try the startup option to restore the previous session. That works for me.

The requested page opens up after the restored session tabs and has focus.

• Vivaldi Translator

As a workaround that's nice.
    But it's my preference for Vivaldi to startup in my predefined state and not the mess I may have left the last time I used it.

I guess the dev.team can look into the two scenario's and easily come up with some sensible common solution.

@S_Paternotte:

As a workaround that's nice.
    But it's my preference for Vivaldi to startup in my predefined state and not the mess I may have left the last time I used it.

I guess the dev.team can look into the two scenario's and easily come up with some sensible common solution.

"Easily?" Perhaps not. I suspect this is a bit more fraught than one would expect. It took them months to add startup modes other than "last session" and months more to fix the fact that in EVERY startup mode other than "last session," Vivaldi could only start non-maximized, and could not remember prior window size and position. This "always opens start page as well as linked URL" problem has been kind of durable as well, and has been complained of multiple times, though I'm sure they will solve it in due course. I just fear it's not a mere 1- or 2-lines-of code fix.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.