{Article} Flatpak - a security nightmare - 2 years later.

• I remain utterly disinterested in ever using Snaps OR Flatpaks... latest on the latter:
    https://www.flatkill.org/2020/

Higher disk & memory footprints, do not respect desktop theming, slow, not necessarily keeping up with updates, proprietary corporate store wrt the former, real security hazards with the latter & probably the former...

I feel sorry for users of frozen LTS fixed-release distros whose app packages are routinely superseded early into their 3 / 5 year period, or whose repos are small, such that the combined effect is that some of these users swallow the Snap / Flatpak propaganda & think these are their solution.

Use a roller.

@Steffie Thanks for the hint to the article. Snaps, not being standard repos were always something i was looking at with argus eyes and some concern. Snaps reminded me to Web Stores with browser extensions badly tested for security.

Flatpaks/Snaps are only on my testing Linuxes when the regular distro does not have a backported up-to-date version of a program.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.