Draggin tab out of browser to open new window

• Hi there dear devs and community, is it possible to add this feature to Vivaldi? Its great when somebody wants to open new windows from already opened tabs in browser to drag the aside. When im using ultra wide screen, its more than helpful to be able to do this and to arrange this new browser windows (already with opened content) side by side on the whole screen. Thanks for considering. Aiki

• @Aikimaniac:

Hi there dear devs and community,

is it possible to add this feature to Vivaldi? Its great when somebody wants to open new windows from already opened tabs in browser to drag the aside. When im using ultra wide screen, its more than helpful to be able to do this and to arrange this new browser windows (already with opened content) side by side on the whole screen. Thanks for considering.

Aiki

It is an absolute certainty that in its natural progression, Vivaldi will incorporate this feature. It's only been asked for something like a million times on this forum so far, and it's not like the developers are unaware of or don't want this rather basic feature. It's just that they haven't had the chance to write it yet.

• thank you for update. I tried to search for this feature but i gave up after 10 minutes of browsing in thread and asked directly..sry for my laziness ;)

• Dear team,

im just curious if there is any update in this matter since the browser is very functional with current version :)

P.S. Thanks for the work you do..

• The developers have mentioned no ETA for this feature. We just know it's on their (veeeeery long) list of to-do's.

• @Ayespy:

The developers have mentioned no ETA for this feature. We just know it's on their (veeeeery long) list of to-do's.

Thank you for the information, lets hope i wont need to ask about it after another 6 months…KUDOS to the team :)

• Recently learned developers are under the gun to do a major code rewrite to make this possible. Still no ETA.

• That feature should be very close the the release

• @The_Solutor:

That feature should be very close the the release

Thank you for the great news :) looking forward to see it

• @The_Solutor:

That feature should be very close the the release

just curious how close they are from release… :)

• The standard and invariable answer is always "when it's ready." If it gives you any hope, internal builds have it but it's not ready for prime time. In fact they have had it for weeks and it's STILL not ready for prime time. So it will be released when it's ready.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.