New feature request: close browser when last tab is closed

• Hi, first of all, thanks for this wonderful browser, that's bringing back what used to be great about Opera. I just have a small improvement request at this time. Based on other browsers behavior, I guess most users are expecting the whole browser to be closed when they close the last tab. Instead a new tab just reapers. this could be even made into a configuration item, so the two behaviors are kept and can be selected. Thanks again. M.

• I am not keen on my browser closing when I close the last tab except when I open Firefox or Internet Explorer because I never wish to leave them open.

The developers have a clear intent to implement as much as they can from old Opera, but even that doesn't have this option. It has an option to Allow window with no tabs, but you have to use Exit to close the browser.

If you're into shortcuts, Ctrl Shift W will exit while Ctrl W will close a tab. Those are the defaults, you can add your own.

• I agree with Pesala - leave it as it is.
    Optionally this could be added as an option in the configuration.

• I hate this feature.
    Firefox has option in about:config to disable it
    browser.tabs.closeWindowWithLastTab (Value: false)

• Please don't do it.

• I see no harm in adding this as an option. Not everyone who uses Vivaldi will use it as their default browser, and some may not spend all day online browsing, so prefer to close it when it's not currently being used.

• @Pesala:

as an option

Pisses me off in browsers that do it, but I know people who are the exact other way around. It seems like one of the things Vivaldi is about is choices, so if this were implemented I agree, it should be an OPTION.

• It could be an option, but please don't force this on us. I hate that other browsers close when I close the last tab.

• @Stardust:

I hate this feature.
    Firefox has option in about:config to disable it
    browser.tabs.closeWindowWithLastTab (Value: false)

exactly like me, just a difference that i'm so lazy to do that with firefox! i just swear!

• I would support the option to close the browser when the last tab is closed. I appreciate many people may find it annoying, but personally I find closing the last tab and the browser staying open is equally annoying and would definitely like to see an option to close Vivaldi when the last tab is closed.

Please implement this as an option!

• It's already implemented in the latest snapshots, but it seems buggy.

Settings, Tabs, Tab Features, Always keep last tab.

• I can't believe I am reading so many poiss from what I assume to be adults, or at least teenagers, and therefore should be old enough to think that OPTIONS are a good thing.

[rest of post removed by mod. Please be respectful. I get your point, but that tone is inappropriate and unwanted here.]

• @lakawak:

I can't believe I am reading so many posts from what I assume to be adults, or at least teenagers, and therefore should be old enough to think that OPTIONS are a good thing.

If you read the posts above you will know that it has been implemented as an option.

See Settings, Tabs, Tab-handling.

[attachment=4487]Tab-handling.png[/attachment]
    Attachments:

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.