Extensions access blocked by ublock origin

• When I type in vivaldi://extensions I am sent to ublock origin, which I have installed. Same thing with cntl shift E

How can I access my extensions?

• @BartinVA Try it with quick commands. Anyway, all of these should open the extensions site. Maybe provide a screenshot?

• Something odd is happening. I cannot get extensions with control shift E or a screen shot with control shift 3/4. In the past screen shots show up on my desktop.

The reason I wanted to see my extensions was to see my setting for flash, which I recall turning off some time ago. I wanted to do that because, and this is the original issue, sometimes when I would click on a link to a Twitter post all I would get is a blank screen. I wanted to see whether not having flash on or having ublock origin on was causing this.

Any ideas about all this?
    I am running 3.2.1967.47

• @BartinVA Then just make a screenshot with software on your operating system, no shortcuts needed. It’s just that I don’t believe that you don’t end up on the extensions page. You can also test all of this on a freshly created profile. And yea, update Vivaldi, latest stable is 3.3.

• What software on my operating system?

• Sorry - You are correct. I was on the extensions page and it only shows ublock origin. No mention of flash. That must mean flash was deleted, rather than simply disabled. In the past I can recall seeing a different look to extensions, including some that were disabled but still on the list of extensions.

But what about not being able to do a screen shot and the sometimes blank screens from Twitter and other viewers recommended?

• @BartinVA said in Extensions access blocked by ublock origin:

What software on my operating system?

macOS has an inbuilt screenshot tool. Read the documentation or search the web for instructions on how to use it. Normally you can set shortcuts for fullscreen shots or areas, which get saved to your files.

@BartinVA said in Extensions access blocked by ublock origin:

it only shows ublock origin. No mention of flash.

You can forget about Flash, it will be gone from all Chromium browsers come new year. You will have to look for a secondary browser to run it, although I wouldn’t recommend it in any circumstance.

@BartinVA said in Extensions access blocked by ublock origin:

blank screens from Twitter and other viewers recommended

No idea, check your internet connection perhaps.

• @BartinVA said in Extensions access blocked by ublock origin:

I was on the extensions page and it only shows ublock origin. No mention of flash. That must mean flash was deleted, rather than simply disabled.

On Windows/Linux O.S. Flash is NOT an extension, it is a plug-in! Is it different on Mac??

Look in Vivaldi - Help/About
    This will display the Flash version you have (if any).

• Shift + Command + 5 (on macOS 10.15) for taking a screenshot, older versions of macOS there is software called Grab.

If you are talking about flash player it is not in extensions, in Vivaldi settings under Webpages then scroll down to Plug ins, you can enable or disable Flash Player for just that browser (Widevine is for DRM content). Flash Player reaches end of life at the end of the year (Safari 14 has removed support for NPAPI Flash Player, Chromium based browsers use PPAPI based plug ins).

As mentioned do check for updates (Vivaldi Menu (top right if Vivaldi is the active window) > Check for Updates

• Flash is a plugin and uBlock Origin is an extension. You will not see Flash listed among extensions. If you want to change settings for Flash, you can do that from System Preferences.

• For more refined settings for flash and global privacy settings there is the adobe settings page or right click via on screen flash content.

No chromium browsers will use flash and some gecko forks like palemoon or seamonkey will still have flash available.A lot of websites still use flash so it will not suddenly disappear at the end of life.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.