Miscellaneous flaws, bugs or just a stupid user.

• Miscellaneous flaws, bugs or just a stupid user. 1 Mail from Vivaldi to a Gmail account 1.1 Asked for password recovery for a user-id. No e-mail first time but ok on second try. Probably my mistake. 1.2 User-id recovery and all other posts from Vivaldi are marked as spam by google and go into the spam folder of my Gmail account 2 Account registration, update account and Profile edit are linked so my comments are on all those: 2. 1 Sign Up for new account. This was no easy task and I got the idea that Vivaldi were changing that part at the same time while I was signing up. 2.2 Capitcha. Sometimes simple 3-4 digits, sometimes 2 words and up to 12 char 2.3 Capicha. Once, a wrong encoding/character set in the input box <------- 2.4 Time zone – Found none for Reykjavík 2.5 When I forgot to fill out some required field, like Country the error response was general. 2.6 When I forgot to fill out some required field, the form resets (blanks out) some otherwise correctly filled fields but some are left unchanged. 3 The community page. 3.1 This is the default page after registration and first sign in – vivaldi.net main page (?) Now, I am a new first time user. Everything in the UI should be more or less obvious. In the right upper corner there are 4 Icons. 3 of them in a pair and when I hover over a Tooltip is shown, Very nice and useful. 1 icon is a nearby, a pencil on a pad (?) No tooltip. To find out what this is the User must click on it. (Is it obvious for all users that something is clickable even if the pointer changes to an arrow?) 3.2 By clicking the Icon I am transferred to Account Update/Edit profile Page. On that Page the Icon is in a similar place and the link is to the same page. So the link is pointing to itself. Right click and „new tab“ opens a clone page. 3.3 Here and on the community page is an „Edit Profile“. This links to the same page as 3.1. So there are 2 links on those pages pointing to the same page and that page could be the current page! 3.4 And similar to 3.2 and 3.3 there is a “My profile”. Some difference but still the 3rd link. 4 Inputs 4.1 In the Share input form: Could copy/paste some html code into the form. Possible security danger? 5 People 5.1 Sort by (2 icons with nice tooltips), chose „Sort by alphabetic order“. What is sorted? Not on Username for sure. 6. Search for people Select: Advanced search Select: Birthday is equal to A date picker is shown 6.1 Question: Are this search function for when born like 1980-24-12 or birthday like December 24, no year required? 6.2 The Date picker is funny, he defaults to current date but the year’s selection shows 2004 – 2023. To select 1980 you have to select first 2004, then the date picker shows 1994 – 2013, then select 1994, date picker shows 1984 + next 19 years and then select 1984 and the date picker shows 1974 – 1993. 6.3 In the selection input field a timestamp like 1980-12-24 00:00:00 is shown, not date like 1980-12-24. 7 Focuses. 7.1 Focus is sometimes not where you would expect it. Type Vivaldi.net in the URL field and

• Vivaldi Team

Hi Óli,

huge thanks for your detailed report. Of course, some issues has indicated bugs on Vivaldi side, some issues not. But, anyway, we will check everything that you mentioned and, I hope, it will help us to make Vivaldi much more comfortable for you and for all other users.

Thanks again!

• Hi Shpankov.
    Nice if I can be of some help. I have some ideas to on how I would see things. What is the best place to send suggestions? This topic?
    Those ideas are:
    Ways to make the UI more user friendly.
    Simplifying the process of Account registration
    Thoughts about security
    Óli

• Vivaldi Team

Hi Óli,

yes, you can leave suggestions here, in this topic.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.