A little feedback and 1 question

• Hi! Sorry if this is in the wrong place. Today I found out about vivaldi and after trying it out I really like it. Fast, pretty, and a UI that feels very new and crisp if I can get away with using such ultimately meaningless terms. When I heard about vivaldi though, part of the comment I read said: "It's more secure than chrome". Is this true? If so, in what way is it "more secure"? Is it more respectful of privacy or something? That's my one question anyway. Here's the little bit of feedback I want to give: The UI is really nice, but I have one issue with it: the bar at the bottom with the zoom slider and page action buttons. Does it really need to be there? I don't like losing more of my screen to boarders than is absolutely necessary. The panel toggle at the left is tolerable but simply having a single settings button on the same panel as the URL/search bar that handles it all would be an improvement in my opinion. At the very least, you could make the additional panels an optional setting right? Just my two cents. The other thing I want to mention is the CTRL + TAB keyboard shortcut. Cycling them in order should be the default setting in my opinion as it's how people expect CTRL + TAB to work. Thanks for reading, and thanks for vivaldi! Keep up the good work.

• @ChromeSux:

… the bar at the bottom with the zoom slider and page action buttons. Does it really need to be there?...

Welcome to the forum ChromeSux!

You can switch off the status bar at the bottom in Menu - Tools - Settings - Appearance . Just untick the 'Show Status Bar'.

• For the security question this thread could be of some interest.

• @RJules3:

Welcome to the forum ChromeSux!

You can switch off the status bar at the bottom in Menu - Tools - Settings - Appearance . Just untick the 'Show Status Bar'.

I looked for something like that before I posted, thanks man! My screen looks a whole lot better now and with the status bar gone the panel toggle at the side is more tolerable. I even dare say I like it there.

Also thanks for the link.

I guess that by "panel toggle" you are referring to the bar with panel buttons. You can toggle it with F4.

Under Panels in Settings you can enable the real "panel toggle" which is a very thin bar.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.