Sync

• When oh when are you going to get sync working?!?!

What means working? Sync is currently not even a feature builtin.

Sync will be in future, because Sync need a big server infrastructure which has to be build up fiirst.
    Sync will come.

• I know sync is currently not even a feature builtin. That's what means working… when is it going to be a feature builtin?! I wouldn't in my wildest dreams (well, I guess I should have said nightmares instead of dreams) imagine anyone putting a feature in anything/program without it being "working" to some extent. I love VIVALDI, that's why I wish they would get sync "builtin". Sync is advertised on the VIVALDI homepage (.com, not .net) so I know it will come, but so will Christmas, so will Memorial Day, so will Groundhog Day, so will 4th of July, I just didn't want to have to wait that long for it. As soon as VIVALDI gets sync up and running I am dumping my Chromium browser.

It will come next year or next whateverelse and later. When it is ready.

We dont know when Sync will be relased.

• Since Vivaldi is a browser for power users, I would be happy with a feature that lets users host their own sync servers or even just have it sync or backup to a local file automatically.

• Vivaldi Team

Hi,

Sync and mail is on top our to-do list. That's the most asked for ones by far, but also the two most important to get right. It will be very hard to explain why someone's browser data evaporated into thin air or your e-mail Inbox was obliterated.So these two we need to test extensively before you guys get to play with them! :)

//C

• Thanks. Great to know this is being worked on. Sync between browsers (preferably sessions, not just tabs manually a la chrome) is the #1 thing (really the only thing) holding me back from switching to V as my primary.

• Hi,

Why not using user`s own cloud storage? The user only needs to select which folder he/she wants to use to store all sync data.

• @elieziob:

Hi,

Why not using user`s own cloud storage? The user only needs to select which folder he/she wants to use to store all sync data.

I agree with this concept, Keepass, YNAB and quite a few other Applications do their syncing through Dropbox, Google Drive and/or shared folders.

• @kirilov BOOM. This is what we need. Include OneDrive, Google Drive, and other drive cloud options like OnePass does.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.