Opening MHTML-files

• Hello,
    I just got an MHTML-file via WhatsApp. It displays fine on WhatsApp. However, I want to store it on my Linux system and then open it in Vivaldi-Linux (Kubuntu 20.04). How do I do that?
    When I open it on Dolphin (by double-clicking on it or specifying Vivaldi through "open with...", I get a non-usable page. It displays the original WhatsApp page, showing the last WhatsApp communication, but I cannot select anything on it.
    Regards
    H. Stoellinger

I don't have WhatsApp but I was able to test with another mhtml file.
    I've been able to reproduce this issue on Vivaldi but also on Chromium
    sudo apt-get install chromium-browser
    Can you send your mhtml file so I can see if it is the proper format? Or can you check if Chromium has the same issue? Vivaldi is based on Chromium code see here.

I remember such issue on Linux as reported. I will check the tracker.

@hstoellinger On Debian i can see that Vivaldi fails to save a MHTML MIME archive. Known bug 😞
    FYI: VB-35775 "The gnu/linux version (and former ones) does not create proper mhtml files"

But i can open a MHTML file with context menu "Open with…" in Vivaldi 3.3.
    After is assigned application/x-mimearchive to Vivaldi in KDE Systemsettings β†’ Applications β†’ File Associations

• @sirfredrick Hello, Thanks for trying to help! Yes, I have the same problem on Chromium - only a blank page. Where and how (e-mail, WeTransfer?) should I send the file?
    Regards
    H. Stoellinger

@hstoellinger Yes, please use WeTransfer and post the link.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.