Browser chat

• I saw some people asking questions on the telegram group of Vivaldi, Is brave a competitor of Vivaldi?

My answer is no.

https://t.me/vivaldibrowser/7255
    [In reply to -]
    Vivaldi has no competitors.
    Almost all browsers on the market are competitors of Chrome.
    But Vivaldi has no competitors, because all browsers are imitating Chrome, they only want to be the window of the Internet, only Vivaldi is thinking about how to let users use a good browser.

https://t.me/vivaldibrowser/7258
    Brave does not simply focus on browser. Brave's business model is to block website advertisements and then become an advertiser to make money.
    In other words, Brave is just a business, monopolizing the advertising business of web pages, making itself an advertiser, and attracting users through the issuance of virtual currency.

The differences in philosophy have determined their respective directions.

Vivaldi would be the browser that understands its users best and is the innovator and user experience leader in the browser industry.

Brave would be the most successful Internet advertiser because its browser business monopolized web advertising and made itself an advertiser.Brave's focus is on how to be a better advertiser, and the browser is just a byproduct.

Vivaldi will always be the only browser I'll ever use. The browser industry needs leaders like Jon Stephenson von Tetzchner who think about the user. Thanks to Jon Stephenson von Tetzchner and his team at Vivaldi.

• Ambassador

@JohnConnorBear , there are still notable differences between Chromium-based browsers. It is not the same that they simply put their logo on Chromium and those that, although they take it as a basis, modify it completely.
    As a second browser I use the French UR Browser, also a Chromium oriented to privacy, it iclude ad/tracker blocker, several private modes and anti fingerprint, and in my opinion far superior to Brave (and faster)

• Ambassador

@JohnConnorBear , I see the thing somewhat different in this. Chromium is certainly becoming the standard on the web, just as VHS was once the standard format for video cassettes. This though Google is the creator of Chromium, it will de facto make it impossible to eliminate access to this format without committing commercial suicide.The example of pasta is a bit fallacious, which was invented by the Chinese millennia ago and since then there have been countless companies that manufacture pasta all over the world. The Onion network and the TOR browser were created by the US defense and the NSA, whose dominance over these products is still present, but because they are also used for internal communication by countless governments and research centers around the world, it makes it impossible for them to block or alter the code, without harming himself. There are countless other examples where the format of a company's product became standard, starting with such everyday things as the plug. Schuko used in Europe, the PAL system for TVs.
    The inventor companies, far from wanting to eliminate these formats, will do everything so that this standard continues, at least until someone comes up with something better that replaces it with advantage and manages to impose itself.As powerful as Google is, it cannot alter the Chromium format without altering the functioning of the network in general, it is obliged to continue developing it to keep it as a web standard.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.