Export Notes for Sharing

• I have been enjoying the Vivaldi tech preview for a while. Now that I'm on the Beta I've started using the 'Notes' feature. It is great for capturing and organizing website bugs but I would like to be able to export and share with the programmers. Is there such a thing as a way to share a note or export notes in a format others can read without Vivaldi like a PDF? Sorry if this has an obvious answer, I've never used Opera before so my only experience with a browser like this is Vivaldi. Alternatively if there was a way to export the notes for them to import into Vivaldi on their own computer that would also work. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Windows 7 Pro/x64, Vivaldi 1.0.321.3

• Also wondering if there's any way to share notes. My use case is from computer in office to computer in living room

• Not yet. Really all you can do at this time is copy the file over.

• i had a curiosity after refreshing my windows profile. you can view data used to construct notes in C:\users[username]\appdata\local\vivaldi\user data\default\notes. i found the linux location, it is more intuitive, though. as are most things in linux… both versions are hidden files. "notes" also appears as a .bak backup file. variables in that file you could presumably play with. can be opened as text document. image i attached to a note was not easily visible, although it may be if moved to a fresh install. text notes in file very easily display.

after i wrote the above, i tried to modify the note file. new notes are trickier, but it's easy to edit text notes. copying multiple notes verbatim seems like it would work. mod the file w/text editor. \n is return within a string. not bash, language notes are written in seems to be html or css, i don't know much of the last two. backslashes should indicate special characters, new notes you need to set a few variables; tell me if you can do it this way, maybe copy and paste to existing notes file rather than duplicate original notes file.

• @monkey_wrench_gang898 thank for info. where are notes stored under linux? I want to write a script that will export notes on my machine. I have tried to search for notes file with find tool but I have failed.

• @Lampadron
    ~/.config/vivaldi/Default/Bookmarks
    ~/.config/vivaldi/Default/Bookmarks.bak

i have not played with these. i like, use, and am more interested in linux. post is on windows section of forum, assumed you were on windows.

i was already writing a script to transfer bookmarks. i would be interested in collaborating on a transfer script.

• @monkey_wrench_gang898 said in Export Notes for Sharing:

@Lampadron
    ~/.config/vivaldi/Default/Bookmarks
    ~/.config/vivaldi/Default/Bookmarks.bak

i have not played with these. i like, use, and am more interested in linux. post is on windows section of forum, assumed you were on windows.

i was already writing a script to transfer bookmarks. i would be interested in collaborating on a transfer script.

Those are the Bookmarks

Notes are in -
    ~/.config/vivaldi/Default/Notes
    ~/.config/vivaldi/Default/Notes.bak

• @TbGbe yes i mistyped, i was thinking about the script i was writing for bookmarks, not the notes that were asked about. i got a bit too excited to think straight, as i was working on a similar project.

• By the way, if you are using snapshot then

Notes are in -
    ~/.config/vivaldi-snapshot/Default/Notes
    ~/.config/vivaldi-snapshot/Default/Notes.bak

• copying bookmarks and bookmarks.bak transfers bookmarks snapshot to stable, or snapshot on a new computer. tested on fedora and korora 64.

• @monkey_wrench_gang898 said in Export Notes for Sharing:

copying bookmarks and bookmarks.bak transfers bookmarks snapshot to stable, or snapshot on a new computer. tested on fedora and korora 64.

Hi monkey_wrench,
    You don't have to copy the Bookmarks.bak file as well.
    This is just a backup of your current bookmarks that Vivaldi creates whenever you add or remove bookmarks.
    Bak is an extension commonly used for backup files.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.