A problem with Popup Thumbnails

• On my system when I hover over the tabs the popup thumbnails are somewhat old or outdated.. I am not sure if I use the right word. So I will try to give an example: When I open my Gmail Inbox and say there are 7 unread emails and I delete them but the popup thumbnail still shows the preview with the 7 unread emails. Reloading the page doesn't resolve the problem. It continues to show the first popup thumbnail that is formed when the browser is run for the first time. Only closing the browser solves the issue. OS: Windows 10

This is to reduce resource usage and stop continual rewrites to the hard drive.

• @Ayespy:

This is to reduce resource usage and stop continual rewrites to the hard drive.

Hmmm… It seems reasonable but still don't you think preview should be updated. What say you? :)

Don't really have an opinion on it. I only use those popup thumbs as a general indication of which page it is, anyway. I DO know that HDD I/O went 'way down when they stopped them from being continually updated. Maybe there is some happy medium where they would only be updated if you opened the tab again. But for now, I'm happy that resource use is a bit more under control.

• I use popup thumbnails to check if any emails have arrived. But like you I don't rely on them too much.
    By the way the beta version is really smooth, switching between tabs is very fast. I eagerly wait for what every week Vivaldi brings with a new snapshot.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.