Vivaldi updates

• I just reported a minor bug, and it got me thinking about updates to Vivaldi. I use Linux Mint, and I'm really new to Linux, so I have what might be a stupid question... I installed Vivaldi using the Linux Mint "Synaptic Package Manager". For updates, does this mean I will automatically be notified to install a Vivaldi update by my Update Manager in Mint, or do I have to watch for newer versions myself?

@Felemur:

I just reported a minor bug, and it got me thinking about updates to Vivaldi. I use Linux Mint, and I'm really new to Linux, so I have what might be a stupid question…

I installed Vivaldi using the Linux Mint "Synaptic Package Manager". For updates, does this mean I will automatically be notified to install a Vivaldi update by my Update Manager in Mint, or do I have to watch for newer versions myself?

You will have the opportunity to update each time you do a system software update. Vivaldi has been added to the repository for the Linux Ver. you use (in this case, a Debian-based version called Mint). There is a catch, however: If you have installed the Beta, you will not see updates until the next Beta. If you have installed a snaphsot, you will see ALL updates, at least until the next Beta, after which, if you install that, you may once again be limited to seeing Beta updates. You CAN have both Beta and a snapshot installed at the same time, but I'm not sure if they share any folders, files or libraries, in which case I'm unsure if you can have them both open at the same time. Regardless, Mint will check the repo for anything you have installed, every time you do a system update, and it will list all available updates and allow you to check or uncheck a box to allow the update or not.

• OK, thanks. -d

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.