Bookmark Manager: Is this thing finished?

• Surely this can't be it. Things aren't in alphabetical order sometimes. I can sort but then its out of order later. There is no paste button frequently when I'm organizing bookmarks in folders. I can't rename a folder. Why can't they just do it like the old Opera? That was so logical and flawless in execution. Folders, Subfolders, Files: Easy to copy/cut/paste between them. This is like graduating from High School then suddenly you find yourself in Grade 2.

@sam_neil:

Surely this can't be it.
    Things aren't in alphabetical order sometimes. I can sort but then its out of order later.
    There is no paste button frequently when I'm organizing bookmarks in folders.
    I can't rename a folder.
    Why can't they just do it like the old Opera? That was so logical and flawless in execution. Folders, Subfolders, Files: Easy to copy/cut/paste between them. This is like graduating from High School then suddenly you find yourself in Grade 2.

No, it's not finished. It's written on a different core technology with a completely different UI technology, so it has to be written all over again from the ground up.

• It would improve a lot if a bookmark could be opened in a new tab by default. That's most annoying at the moment.

And why does it require a double click to open a bookmark?

• @thrust26:

It would improve a lot if a bookmark could be opened in a new tab by default. That's most annoying at the moment. And why does it require a double click to open a bookmark?

In the bookmarks bar, it only takes a single click because opening the bookmark is the intention for clicking it. In the bookmarks panel, where manual rearranging and folder manipulation often occurs, having a single-click open the bookmark's page might easily be a recipe for a lot of annoyance and 'false' openings. I don't know if that's the developers' reasoning, but it's certainly a factor to consider.

• And to be able to just hit the Enter key on the keyboard!
    And to be able to go to the Bookmarks Manager with a keyboard shortcut. Usually its Control_Shift_B with most browsers. In Vivaldi it just brings up the Bookmarks Bar which is fine if you have like 3 bookmarks. I have almost 2000. Hopefully it will be the same here. Its so important not to change conventions so moving between programs is seamless. Then you can really compare the features without hassling with keyboard shortcuts. It just works.
    Also, when you copy and paste it doesn't see if that bookmark is already there. So you often end up with doubles if you're moving stuff around. Maybe that is common among browsers. Bookmarks can be complex. Its probably better to have a separate program or extension, then you can pick exactly what you want. Getting the perfect browser and bookmark manager may be asking a little too much as we are all different. If you do a lot of email from multiple accounts you probably don't use webmail either but have chosen a program that is compatible with your style.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.