Picture in Picture mode

• When we enable PiP Mode the Floating window appears with the video but doesn't appear over other full screen apps . The same works well when PiP mode is enabled on Safari . Is this a limitation on Mac OS Catalina or I am missing any settings .

@Rajeber Welcome to the Vivaldi Community!

That is a limitation/feature in macOS. When an application is put into fullscreen mode, the only thing that is visible onscreen is that single application window. The alternative is to zoom/maximize a window instead, so that you still have multiple application windows on a desktop, but floating PiP windows don't always work in that situation either.

• The same works with Safari PiP mode. So wandering if only Apple browser can have true PiP. If anyone else has experienced this behavior .

@Rajeber FYI, I have asked about this internally.

FYI, I have created a bug report for this and the devs are currently investigating whether or not they might be able implement this feature on macOS as well.

• @xyzzy
    Thanks indeed for your help here. Anyway to track this bug report

@Rajeber Not really. Vivaldi's bug tracker is an internal tool, and hardly any discussion goes on in there either.

Thanks indeed for your help here. Anyway to track this bug report

I still don't know whether it will be possible to implement a Safari-style PiP window. Safari is not using a conventional window for this, and they may even be using undocumented APIs (in Safari and in the code that is doing the media playback) and it's implementation may not be compatible with Vivaldi (or Chrome's) PiP window implementation. That said, a number of devs jumped in immediately to see whether or not this could still be doable.

I will keep you all posted with any progress.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.