Code to remove gray Vivaldi page at start

• Everytime we open vivaldi theres a big V logo apearing before opened
    598b9b46-c937-4723-9047-be6192d1734e-image.png
    does someone know a code to remove it??
    i know its isnt too necessary
    but if can i want to remove it

modedit changed title

• @nicholasdaniel123 You can’t remove it, it shows when Vivaldi loads. You can however color it any way you want by editing browser.html in the application. The background color of body is what you want to change, it’s currently set to #d2d2d2.

• @nicholasdaniel123 As @luetage said, you can't get rid of it entirely, but you can change the color and hide the logo if you want.

You should check out the Modding Forum and this post should probably have been posted there.

The top pinned post can help you get started. Here is a relevant excerpt:
    @Christoph142 said in Modding Vivaldi:

In any case there is only one single file in Vivaldi that you should ever need to modify. This file is located at YOURVIVALDIDIRECTORY\Application\VERSION\resources\vivaldi and called browser.html. You should back it up before you fiddle with it. You did the backup, right?

The style tag in browser.html contains all you need to modify the splash screen apperance

<style>
        body {
          background-color: #d2d2d2;
          background-image: url('resources/vivaldi-splash-icon.svg');
          background-size: 16%;
          background-position: center;
          background-repeat: no-repeat;
        }

@media (prefers-color-scheme: dark) {
          body {
            background-color: #2d2d2d;
          }
        }
      </style>

To get rid of the logo, just comment out this line like so:

/* background-image: url('resources/vivaldi-splash-icon.svg'); */

Change the background color with a #HEX, rgb(), or color name:

background-color: red;

• i dont need that mod i want a mod that remove it cuz sometimes it took a while to load i want to like instantly load

• @nicholasdaniel123
    Hi, I want Windows instantly load but I guess there is no way to do this.
    I see the logo for 2-3 1/10 of a second using a SSD, how long it shows for you?

Cheers, mib

• @nicholasdaniel123 that's the splash screen and it's there since years, you probably start seeing it because your HD is slowed down due to age, number or programs running in background etcetc.

@nicholasdaniel123 I see that gray background with Vivaldi logo for ¼ second.
    If that screen stays for a longer period, you may use a slow drive (starting Vivaldi from USB stick or similar) or antivirus/security solution slows down loading.

• @nicholasdaniel123 The page you’re seeing takes no time to load, but it’s an indicator the rest of the UI isn’t ready. I guess Vivaldi could remove it and just show nothing instead, then you are left with your blank window background instead and no indication that Vivaldi is loading at all. The sane decision is to show the splash icon. Your request is unreasonable.

@nicholasdaniel123 The splash screen does not TAKE time. It FILLS time that would otherwise be a blank white screen while your machine tries to build the page. It's there to save you from the glare of blank white that would be present until the page loads. If you could remove it, you would not be staring at a gray page with a big Vivaldi logo while the page loads. You would be staring at a blank white page while you wait.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.