Vivaldi webmail settings - need guide
Hi, I tried to set ALIASES but i can't find any option for it. Is there any?
Also, there are many other things and I have no idea what are they for:
- PGP Keys? What for?
- Identities - same here; what can I do with them?
- responses - it's about automatic ones or manual, but premade
- Can I somehow use this mail in mailing program?
- PGP Keys are for mail encryption
- Identities are useful for different layouts on different monitors or for sending mails with different signatures from home or work
- No sure. Looks like only manual responses.
- Yes. Setting up account settings
Thank you for quick reply
- PGP and encrypting - do I need it? how does it work? I've just never seen this ability in other mails
- Setting up account settings - thank you very much
- what about alias?
PGP and encrypting - do I need it? how does it work? I've just never seen this ability in other mails
If you need privacy in communication with your mail-receivng person, you shoudl use it.
Protonmail desscribes (Open)PGP:
what about alias?
No real mail aliases.
But alias addresses like:
If your Vivaldi user name would be
test4711valid "aliases" were:
and so on...
- As @Gwen-Dragon said, if you need an added layer of privacy, use encryption.
- Multiple identities cannot be used, but +addressing is allowed.
- Automatic replies can be set up in Settings > Filters. Responses are pre-written messages you can use manually.
- Yes, you can set Vivaldi up in mail clients.
Check out our Webmail Help Pages for more information: https://help.vivaldi.com/article-category/webmail/.