Vivaldi Beta using too much CPU and Memory

• Hi all, I'm not sure anyone have this issue a not. My Vivaldi Beta uses around 70% of my CPU (according to Task Manager) which causes my PC too lag. Even if i were to open like 30-40 tabs in Firefox the CPU or Memory Usage won't even be so high. My PC specs is very high hence i believe it is not a specs issue, just a rundown: [ul] [li]CPU - i7-6700HQ (6th Skylake Quad-core)[/li] [li]Memory - 8 GB[/li] [li]Storage - Using SSD[/li] [/ul] Screenshot included - I'm opening a few browser as see because chrome for web devlopment, firefox also, vivaldi wanted to non web development but .... Does anyone know how i can feedback to the team regarding this issue? Attachments: [img]https://forum.vivaldi.net/uploads/attachments/64067/Screenshot(3).png[/img]

• This is an issue discussed a lot on this forum. If you are interested, you could take a look for example at this thread.

• The memory and CPU requirements are actually pretty good, much better than they were just a short time ago. What do you have in the open Tabs to slam a Skylake that hard?

Here's my olde single core right now on Windows 7 x64 after I launched Vivaldi, then opened 20 Tabs with all the current unread Forum messages here at vivaldi.net:

The CPU usage goes up as the Tabs load. Active content can hammer the system pretty hard but for the most part Vivaldi is coming along nicely. Like a little puppy it eats a lot for its size and it still drools and dribbles and occasionally knocks things over. Unfortunately, shaming it and putting it on a newspaper or tossing it outside won't work. :D

• I have a relatively old machine, 4GB memory, I have to say I'm not experiencing any major problems, and I regularly work with a couple of dozen tabs open. Unless, for example, a lot of tabs have flash, but that's the same as I would get in Firefox or Opera. TP4 was a different story but Beta has been a huge improvement. Not to say that it couldn't be better. So perhaps you have some other issue?

• Vivaldi Translator

Session with 50 tabs
    Vivaldi app closed and then 2 test cases

• fresh start / 2h usage / minimalization & restoring
    • fresh start / minimalization & restoring window

What happens after minimalization & restoring Vivaldi window… (red line marker = restoring window)

eeee…. 2 GB increase in 30 seconds?!?! :blink: :blink: :blink:

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.