Context menu lag

• Is anyone else encountering this problem? Right-clicking to activate the context menu results in a small hang before one can click any of the items shown or interact with the browser UI in any other way.

• I have not noticed that.

• Just an update with things I've tried to no avail:

• Disabling all extensions.
    • Resetting sync store.
    • Turning off sync altogether.
    • Deleting notes.
    • Clearing cache.

Very annoying 😞

• What macOS version and what version of Vivaldi?

• @Chas4 said in Context menu lag:

What macOS version and what version of Vivaldi?

Vivaldi 3.1.1929.45 (Stable channel) (64-bit)
    Revision 1eb3263017ed42270818939fbff241845938a81f
    OS macOS Version 10.15.5 (Build 19F101)

@purgatori This should not be happening. Does it help at all if you go into Mouse settings and uncheck "Allow Gestures" and uncheck "Allow Rocker Gestures", and then restart Vivaldi for those changes to take effect?

• @xyzzy Thanks for the suggestion. Sadly the issue still persists 😞

@purgatori I'm not sure what could be going on here.

Vivaldi (by default) handles right-clicks differently as a means of implementing mouse gestures. This kinda breaks platform conventions on macOS (when you enable right-clicks for secondary clicks) because the context menu does not/cannot appear on mouse-down, and won't open until mouse-up when Vivaldi knows that you are not inputting a Mouse Gesture. Same goes for Rocker Gestures. BUT... if you disable Mouse Gestures AND Rocker Gestures, then restart Vivaldi, you will get native macOS behaviour, and can then do things like right-click and hold, select a context menu item, and release to perform that action.

Either way, you should not be seeing any lag unless your CPU is totally consumed.

Do you also see the same problem in a Guest Window?

• @xyzzy The same issue doesn't appear to be occurring in guest windows... I guess there must be something amiss with my settings.

• Any change after todays Vivaldi update?

Is it different if "Use Animation" is unchecked in Window Appearance under Appearance in Preferences?

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.