Plugins manager

• In Chromium there is a "Plugins" manager where you can choose: - Run all Plugin content - Detect and run all important Plugin content - Let me choose when to run Plugin content. I have it set to the later, and really like it that way. Is there a way to do that here?

@Felemur:

In Chromium there is a "Plugins" manager where you can choose:

• Run all Plugin content

• Detect and run all important Plugin content

• Let me choose when to run Plugin content.

I have it set to the later, and really like it that way. Is there a way to do that here?

Yes: Go to chrome://settings/content and set it there.

• Ok, thanks, found it and set it.

However, I still have the problem that prompted me to ask the question. When I would go to this site in Chromium:

http://www.candystand.com/play/8-ball-ultra-pool

after the ad time was done (30 seconds), the play area would go from a blank black (because I have uBlock origin add-on to block the ads) to grey with a puzzle piece symbol where I would right-click and choose "run this Plugin" (which is Flash player BTW) and the game would work. In Vivaldi, it just sits as a black block after the 30 seconds, and right clicking over it does not bring up the "run this Plugin" option. What am I doing wrong? Since it is a Flash plugin, is there a problem using Flash in Vivaldi?

Thank you for your help

Vivaldi can only run PPAPI flash. NPAPI flash is being deprecated across all Chromium-based browsers, so Vivaldi is not bothering to give it tail support. Other than that, I don't use ad-block extensions so I don't know if there's anything else about uBlock that could contribute.

• Ok, thanks. I have the same ad blocker (uBlock origin) in Chromium and Vivaldi, so I don't think it is that.

Is there a way to see if this PPAPI flash is turned on or not?

@Felemur:

Ok, thanks. I have the same ad blocker (uBlock origin) in Chromium and Vivaldi, so I don't think it is that.

Is there a way to see if this PPAPI flash is turned on or not?

Have you checked vivaldi://plugins?

• Yes, I thought it should be there, but I really don't know much about this stuff so I thought I'd ask. It is not there. There are two plugins. Chromium PDF Viewer and Widevine Content Decryption Module.

Then you need to download and install Flash for Chrome (PPAPI).

• Is this available for RPM-based distros?

@Andy_teacher:

Is this available for RPM-based distros?

Mine's a Debian-based distro, but look here: http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=chromium-pepper-flash

• Nope. Not available for Mageia 5.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.