Suggestion - Pinned topic

• Hi there. I regularly browse throughout this subforum and have always wondered: why ins't there any pinned "would love to see features" topic? [b][u] I therefore created this topic with:[/u][/b] 1) A category with features added and crossed when they are implemented, 2) A category with features that can't / won't be added now because things are missing atm, or this is not the priority, or this needs a lot of work and testing, or... 3) A category with features that will never be implemented "because" (impossible, too much work for not much gain, not implemented in Blink, w/e the reason), with the reason why, [b][u]This would help people:[/u][/b] - know where this is going, - know if their beloved features are to / are not to / will never be implemented, - avoid hours of seeking through 20 topics of 20 pages to find their answers, - avoid 50 topics of "Why is this in Browser X but not / not atm in Vivaldi" ( any other reason I may have not listed ) [b][u]This would help the devs team:[/u][/b] - organize the forum, - know in a blink of an eye what people are waiting for, - " " if they missed any basic feature, - " " if they can fix anything quite rapidly without turning their agenda upside down, ( any other reason I may have not listed ) Of course this would be a cleaned / moderated topic, regularly updated, with everything to be known in the OP. Do not hesitate to present your points and ideas shortly. If you wish to develop, you can link any topic you already created or post you replied to. You can add any idea I presented quoting its number. You can signal any fixed / implemented feature by quoting its number Feel free to /pm for anything I may have forgotten. Have a nice day eXniHiLo

• Features incoming shortly

- Downloads Settings / Download panel
    (1) ETA
    (2) Speed
    (3) "Download in progress, Are you sure? " box, when closing the browser
    (4) Possibility to delete multiple downloads at a time (with "ctrl+click" for example)
    (5) Possibility to delete the downloaded files when clicked on "remove"
    (6) "Resume download" option when opening again Vivaldi
    (7) "Quick Download" box
    (8.)

- Bookmarks Settings / Bookmarks Panel
    (10.) Add to SpeedDial / Add to Bookmarks in rightclick submenu
    (11) Sync Bookmark page and Bookmark panel
    (12)

-Speeddial features
    (20) Being able to modify the title under each tile directly in the speed dial page without going through the bookmark page
    (21) Being able to integrate icons in the SpeedDial thumbnails
    (22) Being able to choose the number of columns
    (23) Being able to change size of speed dial thumbnails (or activate zoom)
    (24)

- General features
    (30) Have a general history, not only through SpeedDial (e.g. with "ctrl+h" and a left panel)
    (31) Being able to delete old entries when filling a box // Do not store searched terms
    (32) "Ctrl+Mousewheel up(down)" to zoom (dezoom)
    (33) Include a "Mute Audio" button on each tab.
    (34)

Features incoming later
    (101) Mail
    (102) Drag & Drop out of the browser to create a new window.
    (103) Giving the priority to the hyperlink opened when Vivaldi is closed
    (104) Native screenshot maker
    (105) Option to let user choose the place of the opening tab ("next-to" or "last")
    (106) Customizable mouse gesture
    (107)

Features never incoming
    (201)

• RESERVED

• (23) Being able to change size of speed dial thumbnails (or activate zoom)

• Good Idea. I add "changing the number of columns"

• (102) Drag & Drop out of the browser to create a new window. (There)

• (103) Giving the priority to the hyperlink opened when Vivaldi is closed (There)

• There were similar suggestions made on My Opera for keeping track of feature requests and trying to avoid duplicates.

The fact is that such attempts, however noble their intent, never work. Development proceeds at such a fast pace that it's impractical to keep such a thread up to date, New users post their own threads anyway, and once a sticky thread gets past a few pages, no one searches it to see if a request has already been made.

This sticky thread in the right forum — the All Platforms forum, illustrates the problem well. It is currently 70 pages long, and full of duplicate requests.
    [quote"eXniHiLo"]f you want this topic to be dragged into the "All Forum", that's fine, I can ask the admins to move it =)
    You can do whatever you want. I am just pointing out that you're probably wasting your time.

• @Pesala:

There were similar suggestions made on My Opera for keeping track of feature requests and trying to avoid duplicates.

The fact is that such attempts, however noble their intent, never work. Development proceeds at such a fast pace that it's impractical to keep such a thread up to date, New users post their own threads anyway, and once a sticky thread gets past a few pages, no one searches it to see if a request has already been made.

This sticky thread in the right forum — the All Platforms forum, illustrates the problem well. It is currently 70 pages long, and full of duplicate requests.

That's why I made a list on the FP (First Page). You read it, you don't see what you look for, you post. You see a listed feature newly implemented, you post. You are out of topic / post an existing request, you don't post or you get moderated = ) I may have not been clear on one thing: I will let the asked request on the first page, just cross them, so that people won't ask for already existing features. And by the way, if any admin would like to give control to 2-3-more people they trust to moderate the topic, this could help it be alive.

edit: If you want this topic to be dragged into the "All Forum", that's fine, I can ask the admins to move it =)

• (104) Native screenshot maker
    (105) Option to let user choose the place of the opening tab ("next-to" or "last")

(11) Sync Bookmark page and Bookmark panel

• (106) Customizable mouse gesture

• Can any admin swap this thread to the "ALL platform" subforum please?

• @Pesala:

There were similar suggestions made on My Opera for keeping track of feature requests and trying to avoid duplicates.

[quote"eXniHiLo"]f you want this topic to be dragged into the "All Forum", that's fine, I can ask the admins to move it =)

You can do whatever you want. I am just pointing out that you're probably wasting your time.

I know, not the first time I try to do something like this. I thought this would be different for once, but heh, you were right, what was I thinking. Everyone for themselves, as usual ;)

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.