The Vivaldi Beta is here!

• Vivaldi Team

Hi all, We are finally there! An official beta of Vivaldi was released on the public today. We have all worked real hard on getting to where we are now. We would like to thank all of you, our community, for the fantastic effort you have made to get us to this release. Couldn't have done it without you! From our press release: "Vivaldi today unveiled the long-awaited beta version of its free web browser packed with features and capabilities designed for the web’s most demanding users. After more than 2 million downloads of Vivaldi’s technical previews, the beta release marks the firm transition of Vivaldi from a tool for early explorers to a browser anyone can use to navigate the web with speed and power. The beta also introduces more features that transform your everyday interactions on the web – boosting productivity, efficiency and fun." Go download at: http://bit.ly/vivaldibeta And again, thank you all for getting us here. Now go and take your browser back! :) //Christian Dysthe - Vivaldi Technologies.

• The issue that I feedback a long time ago about the shortcuts not working under Chinese Wubi input are still not fixed, even in Beta version. Does it mean that our feedback is meaningless? If yes, I am sorry, I will leave Vivaldi.

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/forum/vivaldi-browser-for-mac/6592-shortcuts-don-t-work-under-chinese-input-method-zoom-in-doesn-t-work-not-fixed-in-beta-unhappy

• Where should we go to give UI feedback? I'm amazed that, with all these features, there's no way to get something besides red UI, which is not much for stepping out of the way.

• @caseyfern:

Where should we go to give UI feedback? I'm amazed that, with all these features, there's no way to get something besides red UI, which is not much for stepping out of the way.

Go into menu/tools/settings/appearance and turn off "use page theme color." Then choose light or dark interface. Then go to settings/tabs if you like, and turn off "use page theme color" there, too.

• Thank you. :) I was hoping to set my own colors for page elements, rather than go with 'no' color or bright red. Is there a CSS stylesheet option for Vivaldi?

• @caseyfern:

Thank you. :) I was hoping to set my own colors for page elements, rather than go with 'no' color or bright red. Is there a CSS stylesheet option for Vivaldi?

One can make CSS modifications, and there sere some topics on the forum specifically about this, where users have experimented with their own code. The ability to configure the UI in pretty much every conceivable fashion, plus to build and adopt various full skins like in the old Opera versions, is definitely part of the plans going forward. As part of the formal UI and menus right now, however, all we get is color/no color, dark UI, light UI. I'm completely satisfied with the light UI for the time being, until the real customization features are implemented for those of us who "don't speak CSS."

• Thanks! I wasn't sure just how 'along' this is in terms of becoming a matured product. Naturally, I jump in and try to make a browser do everything I can do with Safari and, when that doesn't happen, drum my heels a bit until I find answers :D

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.