Open link a new tab

• When you open a link in a new tab , the new Vladka activated . How to turn this off , I want to open the link in a new tab is not passed focus on a new tab .

Use middle-click or ctrl+click or the right-click context menu item "open link in background tab."

• @Ayespy:

Use middle-click or ctrl+click or the right-click context menu item "open link in background tab."

I think you can do both in the chrome

Chrome loads a new tab in the background by default. Old Opera always opened a new tab in the foreground, and Vivaldi is patterned after Old Opera. I personally find this to be the natural way to open a link in a new tab. If I am opening a link, it's because I want to see it, not save it. I expect the new tab to get focus when it opens. Chrome always pissed me off by hiding the new tab I wanted to see, and there is NO WAY to get that new tab to open in the foreground.

In Vivaldi, it opens in the foreground unless you choose one of the three (count 'em, THREE) ways to make it open in the background.

It's possible (in fact probably likely) that Vivaldi will, someday, offer an option where you can set all new tab links to open in background. That day is not yet.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.