Vivaldi shortcut Not Showing up in the Taskbar Folder (1.0.303.32 64B)

• Hi evryone First of all Thx to the dev for Vivaldi it is a very enjoyable experience overall. Strange thing though. I'm one of those freak that loves to have unified color in their desktop and taskbar, So I customise almost every icons . And usualy when I need to customise an app icon in the taskbar I go to the taskbar folder located at : [code] %appdata%/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Quick Launch/User Pinned/Taskbar [/code] And do my thing. Curiously though, the Vivaldi shortcut can't be found here, even after I pinned down the little rascal to my Taskbar. Am I missing something ? I'm on Win7 using the 1.0.303.32 version of Vivaldi (64B) Any Thought ? Thx in advance, Have a quite pleasant day Ps: Sry for bad english etc...

Hi, I think you might have already resolved your issue, but actually your issue helped me resolve mine… :)

I'm using Windows 10, but I think the solution will be applicable for Windows 8 and 7 as well. For some reason the Vivaldi app icon have disappeared from the taskbar. It looked like this:

[attachment=2496]vivaldi.jpg[/attachment]

I tried reinstalling Vivaldi (I tried both 32-bit and 64-bit versions) but the icon was still missing. Even deleting the IconCache.db file from %AppData%\Local and restarting the explorer.exe process (as proposed somewhere) didn't fix this…

I was looking for a possible solution on this forum and came upon your post. Here is what I did: I've pinned the app to the taskbar and headed over to %AppData%\Microsoft/Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\Taskbar. The Vivaldi shortcut was not there. So I went up to the parent folder and there was another folder ImplicitAppShortcuts which contained some weirdly named folder that contained the actual shortcut to Vivaldi. So in my case the correct path to the shortcut from the taskbar is:

%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\ImplicitAppShortcuts\e4bf1989cc92ac0e\
    ```It' might be different in your case though, you should check for yourself. I've installed Vivaldi as a standalone app, I don't know if it matters here or not.

So, how did I resolve my issue? I just went into properties of that "broken" shortcut and as it turned out, it was pointing out to some invalid location, so I just deleted it and the proper icon showed up after I restarted the browser. Yay! B)
    Attachments:
    ![](https://forum.vivaldi.net/uploads/attachments/37847/vivaldi.jpg)

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.