Lazy loading

So that I can always go to the same place for them, without having to open a new tab or disturb my tab order, and so that I don't accidentally delete one. Of course, after I have used one, it tends to stay live, so that saves a second or two on future uses, but it's not a question of speed for me. It's a question of convenience.

• @RRR13:

I have the same problem with lazy loading. Actually, it's worse. I always have 2-3 mail accounts (depends on which machine I am at the moment), digg reader, WhatsApp web, and some other crap pinned. The other crap doesn't matter, but 4-5 of the first pinned tabs have notifications and MUST always work Ing the background, so it is essential that they load on startup. I currently have to manually go through each of them and activate them so they start working properly every time I start Vivaldi.

Yes, I second that this shouldn't be in effect for pinned tabs of all things. Those are pinned for a reason. We certainly should have options for all tabs, but at the very least, load pinned tabs.

• Still no update on this I see… this and the keyboard shortcuts overriding websites issues are the only reasons I haven't switched my main browser to Vivaldi.

• Who was the person who thought that not having an option to disable this was a good idea? Must be retarded.

• @disq:

Who was the person who thought that not having an option to disable this was a good idea? Must be retarded.

I think that would be better to learn some good manners before subscribing any forum.

• Same request from my side - this "lazy tab" behavior is driving me crazy coming from O12.17 where the engine nicely reloaded all tabs in the background on browser restart. One click on a tab -> instantly ready with reloaded content. That's what I want for Vivaldi as well!!! Any ideas?

• 90% of Vivaldi use is reloading pages… XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

What a bunch of noobs, i don't know who the fuck developes such thing and don't notice the lack of an option to turn this retard thing off.

• I too would like an option to disable lazy loading. Makes somewhat sense on a hardware resource limited system, but for those of us "in the land of plenty" aka power users, it's definitely not a good feature.

• Any news/workarounds for this ugly feature? I hate lazy Tabs and Offline Cache using on load…

• @Spider1996:

Any news/workarounds for this ugly feature? I hate lazy Tabs and Offline Cache using on load…

+1, I can't believe that when they implemented that anti-feature they didn't create a setting to disable it…..
    Maybe someone should fill a bug report for it, as was suggested there by Vivaldi's Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/vivaldi.browser/posts/610737852419881?comment_id=610739432419723

• @RRR13:

Wait… You mean you complain about it but never bothered to fill a bug report about it?!

It's not a bug, it's a retarded feature.

• @RRR13:

Well, the bug reports are also used for requesting features so there's no problem there

Yeah I guess. Although I don't see the point in running a forum and a Facebook page if absolutely noone on the team check those out. I mean if they don't bother to read those, how can we be sure they even read bug reports? :whistle:

• Woohoo it's implemented!! 😎 😎
    Not sure when it appeared, but in the latest Developer Build it's there! :silly: :cheer:

• @127.0.0.1:

Woohoo it's implemented!! 😎 😎
    Not sure when it appeared, but in the latest Developer Build it's there! :silly: :cheer:

Do you know when this build is released as a new version? In version 1.5?

• @gordon.daimler:

Do you know when this build is released as a new version? In version 1.5?

I suppose in version 1.6?
    But you know, snapshots are usually quite stable, the only reason I only use them on one computer is because the updates come a bit too often. If that lazy loading issue is more important to you than the hassle of updating frequently, I'd say go for the snapshots until next stable is released.

When 1.5 is stable, it will be released. As 1.5.

• @Ayespy said in Lazy loading:

Indeed, it is in 1.5 which was released not long ago. For some reason I was assuming 1.5 (odd number) was for unstable and 1.6 (even number) was for stable.

• @127.0.0.1 said in Lazy loading:

@Ayespy said in Lazy loading:

Indeed, it is in 1.5 which was released not long ago. For some reason I was assuming 1.5 (odd number) was for unstable and 1.6 (even number) was for stable.

Well, it is in version 1.5, and I disabled it...however, when I start Vivaldi, my pages still show yesterday links, and I have to reload them to show fresh links.

What does this feature exactly do?

• @gordon.daimler said in Lazy loading:

What does this feature exactly do?

Yes, I also would like to know what exactly the intended behavior of the checkbox "Lazy load restored tabs" is.
    Similar and related, I'm not sure if I understand exactly what the "hibernate" property of single tabs is doing.

I have Lazy tabs enabled and some tabs (i think) on hibernating and I'm happy to get a very similar experience as in O17 but especially the hibernating feature is a bit obscure since I can not check if a tab actually is set to hibernate or not.

When you start the browser, it restores your old tabs (if set to start with last session). If you set to "Lazy load," it starts faster, because it does not try to fetch any of your old tabs other than the last one you had open. If you don't set that, it loads all tabs on startup. Makes startup slower, and uses more resources, BUT content is already present on each tab you click.

If you "Hibernate" a tab or tabs, that tab ceases to try to fetch or reload anything in the background. It becomes more like a bookmark for the address it is on and only activates when you select it.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.