Marker for Android forum

• Hi, me and other user often post in the Android forum area to help other user but without realizing that we are in the Android area.
    Can we have a marker or something to distinguish from other forum areas?
    This happen to me sometimes in the OSX area too, which is really very different to other OS.

Feedback welcome, mib

@mib2berlin Are the breadcrumbs not enough?

559d142d-cb5a-47b3-a362-7ca8e2d152d0-image.png

Or would you prefer something different - What kind of marker would be best for you?

• @LonM
    If I jump in to a thread I start reading and scrolling down, after starting 10-20 tabs from unread for example.
    I don´t have a good idea how to mark it in a thread, each post an 🍏 or a 🐧 is a bit overloaded but work good in unread overview.
    May a web designer steps by and can help.

Cheers, mib

Some ideas, all of which have problems:

• Breadcrumbs (not good for scrolling)
    • Icon at top of post (same problem as breadcrumbs)
    • Icon next to each post (messy / TMI)
    • Breadcrumbs in the reply composer (TMI / confusing)
    • Favicon (could be confusing as then you can't tell you're on vivaldi.net)
    • Change colour scheme (colour blindness? and that would break the new blue vivaldi.net theme)
    • Change in title (text prefix / suffix / emoji - but you'd need to have to look at the page title each time)

• /Ambassador/

@mib2berlin Stack a couple of tabs from the Android forum and rename the tab stack: Android Forum

• @Pesala
    Hi, I can change my habits but it is not only me posting in the wrong OS area.
    If a page is perfect it will not happen (and this will never happen).
    @LonM
    I make a mockup for 3, icon on dividing line or avatar line.

alt text

Maybe this is something the forum mod could implement.

• @LonM
    I use it anyway, may I ask him if it is useful to implement,

Thanks for reading, mib

• @mib2berlin
    I had ask him and he think about to include it in the forum mod but with icon in the navigation bar of the forum Mod extension.
    User @potmeklecbohdan wrote a small CSS mod to include my idea of OS icon every post.
    https://forum.vivaldi.net/topic/19728/vivaldi-forum-mod/630?_=1594126645681#

/*### Icon setting for Android forum ###*/
    .page-topic-category-136 [component="post"]:not(.deleted) .post-tools::before,
    .page-topic-category-147 [component="post"]:not(.deleted) .post-tools::before,
    .page-topic-category-150 [component="post"]:not(.deleted) .post-tools::before,
    .page-topic-category-151 [component="post"]:not(.deleted) .post-tools::before {
        content: "\f17b";
        color: #a4c639;
    }

/*### Icon setting for Linux forum ###*/
    .page-topic-category-35 [component="post"]:not(.deleted) .post-tools::before,
    .page-topic-category-112 [component="post"]:not(.deleted) .post-tools::before,
    .page-topic-category-139 [component="post"]:not(.deleted) .post-tools::before {
        content: "\f17c";
        color: #3786d9;
    }

/*### Icon setting for Windows forum ###*/
    .page-topic-category-32 [component="post"]:not(.deleted) .post-tools::before {
        content: "\f17a";
    }

/*### Icon setting for OSX forum ###*/
    .page-topic-category-34 [component="post"]:not(.deleted) .post-tools::before {
        content: "\f179";
    }

/*### Common style for all the icons ###*/
    [component="post"]:not(.deleted) .post-tools::before {
        position: absolute;
        left: 30px;
        vertical-align: middle;
        display: inline-block;
        font: normal normal normal 14px/1 FontAwesome;
        font-size: 17px;
        text-rendering: auto;
        -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased;
        -moz-osx-font-smoothing: grayscale;
    }

It work very well if you add it to the Forum Mod modification setting.
    You need the forum mod from @luetage > https://github.com/luetage/vivaldi_forum_mod
    (Link to Chrome store inside Github page)

Cheers, mib

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.