For vivaldi.net mail settings

• Hello. I am a Japanese, the name is Tooru Oka. That OpenSUSE Tumbleweed Xfce we use the Linux OS. Among them, of Alpine, we use e-mail software running on the terminal (Terminal). So the question of the But, Please give me advice on how to configure the SMTP server. I tried two types of settings, it was not able to send mail. For example, when e-mail address is "[email protected]", the setting of the smtp-server ① mail.vivaldi.net:587/tls/[email protected]mail.vivaldi.net:587/tls/novalidate-cert/user=abc1234 It was not possible to send mail from either of these settings. Because I believe that than have to change something, and you give advice, and to very helpful, and I am very pleased. Thank you.

• Welcome to the forum Tooru Oka!

A command line mail client - tough! :)

You could take a look at this post for the server settings. The obvious thing I can see, is a different port. Your settings show 587 but the right port seems to be 465.

• Both port/protocols are working here.

But some email clients may support correctly just one of them.

So if 587 fails just try the other one.

• Dear RJules3,

I received your reply, thank you very much.
    It is a port of 465.
    Once, I want to try it.
    We were unable to send mail.
    Thank you for the advice.

• Dear The_Solutor,

Thank you for your reply.
    I tried to attempt some of the e-mail client, and the reception of e-mail I can be, it was not able to send mail.
    In order to send mail, but I think he must devise a way of setting (change), it sounds like the impossible in my knowledge and experience.
    I received the advice, thank you.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.