Font size

• Guys, it's really hard to read text here. Please, increase main font size to 16px (or at least 14px).

• Agree!

• Yeah, man, how can you guys even see this text on your big screens? It must look like tiny little dots, man.

• No problem even with a 120ppi screen, that is what userCSS are made for :D

Here is mine and here is the one from Vux777

• You mean text in forum or in general? :-)

• Let's see, HTML declares font-size at 100%, then BODY overrides it to 13px. Then on the forum, .container sets it at 12px. I'd suggest a great simplification there.

When I tried to stick to 100%/1em, people complained that the text was too large. :( (And they didn't want to set it smaller because then other sites which like to use freaking 67% would break.)

So I'm not entirely sure what the best solution is, except that by using em and rem, setting a size on HTML should automatically change everything.

• @olli:

You mean text in forum or in general? :-)

More general.

I get e.g. Georgia in 14px with a line height of 19px in the blogs which is 2px too small for my taste for a serif font with that x-height. Most browsers apart from Firefox do not support font-size-adjust, so building a font stack of fonts with similar x-heights might be important.

Additionally the line height of several parts is set to fixed px values which is a big no-go too (may be you remember the small discussion about the line-height we had :D)

A big clean up of the CSS files in general would be welcome too - almost every value is overridden by later styles which indeed has a significant impact on performance, especially if the stylesheets are linked stylesheets with all in all more than 10.000 lines of code … :blink:

• @Frenzie:

When I tried to stick to 100%/1em, people complained that the text was too large. :( (And they didn't want to set it smaller because then other sites which like to use freaking 67% would break.)

IMO, 100%/1em is the correct solution. For all others their could be an option to make fonts either smaller or, maybe, just allow them to specify it manually in options.

• @tenno-seremel:

IMO, 100%/1em is the correct solution. For all others their could be an option to make fonts either smaller or, maybe, just allow them to specify it manually in options.

I completely agree with you.

I quickly wrote a possible solution based on localStorage.

// Shouldn't need an eventListener because the script is a child of document.documentElement 
    if (localStorage.fontSize) {
    	document.documentElement.style.fontSize = localStorage.fontSize;
    }
    ```Then you combine that with some script that provides links or buttons to set that value lower or higher; maybe also provide a fallback to cookies or simply cookies all the way, but those are relatively unimportant details. Alternatively it could be part of the user's profile in some way.

In any case, on this site the CSS is simply way too complicated.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.