Disctinct keyboard shortcuts for Close action with specific Close Tab Activation

• There are a three Close Tab Activation modes:

• Activate in Recently Used Order
    • Activate Left in Tab Order
    • Activate Right in Tab Order

My problem is that it always behaves unpredictably for me. Regardless of which Close Tab Activation is configured, I intuitively expect one of them to be used for each individual closing of a tab.

Sometimes I'm looking at tab to the left, and it would activate the previously active tab. Sometimes I want to go back to the previously active tab, and it activates tab to the left.

This needs to stop!

I would like to be able to set distict keyboard shortcuts for the three Close Tab Activation modes.

E. g.:

• Ctrl+W closes current tab and activates tab to the left;
    • Ctrl+Shift+W closes current tab and activates tab to the right;
    • Ctrl+Alt+W closes current tab and activates the previously active tab.

Please. 🙏

• Hi
    I absolutely support this proposal. Because of my journalistic work, I usually have several websites open and when I close one of them I sometimes want to activate the one on its right and other times, the one on its left. In Firefox you can do this with an extension: Select After Closing Current. It also allows you to freely assign hotkeys to each option.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.