My gripes with Vivaldi

• I know that Vivaldi is in a very early stage of development and all. I regularly check the blog for new releases and immediately install them. It was three of four times already that I tried using Vivaldi as my main browser (each time it gets better), but after at least one day of usage, for some reason, it gets really slow at loading the contents of pages, I don't know why this is happening, but even if I want to use it as my main/default browser this prevents me from doing so. Another bunch of minor issues are that I expect to use the middle mouse button to click on the back and front arrows and this action to trigger the opening of a new tab with the previous or next page, respectively. The other one is the way middle click on links and closing tabs work. When I middle click a link, I expect a new tab to open on the right of the current active tab, not all the way to the right. And this last one is tricky to explain. On other browsers that I use, when I click a random tab and scroll trough the page and decide to close it, I'm used to be returned to the tab on the left, not the tab that I last visited, although, the way Vivaldi handles this makes more sense, I'd like to see an option for this included. And btw, there is a bug, that I've seen for a couple of months now - unless I set Vivaldi to reload my previous session I had last time when I closed the browser, it will open windowed, which really bugs me. I even tried resizing it to fit my screen better before closing it and when I open it again, it resets it to the default size. This last one and Vivaldi working fine only for a day really bugs me, I'm interested to see if other people are having similar issues, I don't want to create random threads, I want this thread to be of use to the developers, so I hope some of them read it and take my points into consideration.

The "always opens windowed" should have been fixed with the latest release, here: https://vivaldi.net/

• @Ayespy:

The "always opens windowed" should have been fixed with the latest release, here: https://vivaldi.net/

This is true, unfortunately the state of the panel bar is not stored, so this has to been opened and been resized every time.

True. And then with today's snapshot, 1.0.300.5, this is fixed.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.