Minimize of Window not possible

• Hardly useable without this function, when working with a lot of programs opened

What platform are you on? It minimizes fine here on Windows 10.

• Confirmed as not working on Win 7 x64, the minimize glyph is inactive. Alt+space shortcut still allows you to minimize as does clicking the taskbar icon.

Hm. My system is 64-bit but I use 32-bit Vivaldi. I wonder if the problem is in the 64-bit version. Windows 7 and 10 should interact with Vivaldi pretty much identically.

• 64-bit latest build works fine on 7 here. Which actual build are you using? (There are "snapshot" builds in the developers blog which are more recent than TP4.)

• I'm using Vivaldi 1.0.291.18 (Entwickler-Build) (32-Bit) on Win7 64bit

I don't wanted to use 64 version of vivaldi because there still is written that it is experimental.
    With version befor "bugfixing" it was fine

• This is my Windows 7 version:

[attachment=1822]SysInfo7.PNG[/attachment]

With Vivaldi 1.0.291.18 (Entwickler-Build) (32-Bit) as well as Vivaldi 64 bit minimizing the window of the application with this button:

[attachment=1823]MinBut.PNG[/attachment]

is no problem.
    Attachments:

• I have this problem too. The minimise glyph is inactive.

Vivaldi version: 1.0.291.18 (Developer Build) (64-bit)
    Revision: 6be2113f1794ddb2a2129a4b71bc1fa0f53a9722
    Windows Version: Windows 7 Professional SP1
    System type: 64-bit Operating System

Edit: yes I am using the horizontal menu, not the Vivaldi button. Looks like this is part of the cause.

• No problems here.
    Vivaldi version: 1.0.291.18 (Developer Build) (32-bit)

Consider trying the 32 bit Vivaldi version and changing profile

• @GinoPerla:

Consider trying the 32 bit Vivaldi version and changing profile

It's easy enough to work around, I'd rather use the alpha software and find bugs so they can be fixed.

• Actually i found only one workaround that really works:

Change setting of window to use systemwindows and it works :cheer: , changing back and it didn't work again. :ohmy:

Maybe problem in combination with different display options … i will test.

:cheer:
    I have found the reason for this problem ... it is kind of Main menu type.
    Horizontal menu -> didn't work
    Vivaldi Button -> works

• @streunerx:

I have found the reason for this problem ... it is kind of Main menu type.
    Horizontal menu -> didn't work
    Vivaldi Button -> works

I can confirm this. After switching to the horizontal menu the minimize button is disabled and enabled again when menu is switched back to the icon. (Just tested with Vivaldi 1.0.291.18 (Entwickler-Build) (64-Bit))

One of the benefits of having several thousand alpha testers. Who would have guessed a connection between menu type and this bug?

• I had a look at the live inspector for Vivaldi's interface, and here's exactly what's happening:

When native window decorations are turned off and the horizontal menu is enabled, the class "topmenu" partially overlaps the class "window-buttongroup," which renders the minimize button useless as it lay beneath the menu class.

This can be fixed easily by enabling native window decorations or toggling the menu state.

This can be fixed manually in the stylesheet by either giving the topmenu class a set max-width or increasing its right margin.

@Tiamarth:

I had a look at the live inspector for Vivaldi's interface, and here's exactly what's happening:

When native window decorations are turned off and the horizontal menu is enabled, the class "topmenu" partially overlaps the class "window-buttongroup," which renders the minimize button useless as it lay beneath the menu class.

This can be fixed easily by enabling native window decorations or toggling the menu state.

This can be fixed manually in the stylesheet by either giving the topmenu class a set max-width or increasing its right margin.

Not being a coder, this is, I kid you not, the EXACT type of problem I envisioned as soon as I learned the horizontal menu is the culprit. Funny.

• Works with 1.0.298.15 :P

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.