Any Workarounds for the Vid Pop Out Issues?

• I'm updating software but holding off on Vivaldi because--based on fairly recent forum posts--the video pop out feature appears to be either marring video viewing even if it isn't activated or outright crashing streaming pages.

Apparently this feature can't be toggled off either.

Given that, I would like to know if there are any workarounds aside from simply not using the feature.

Apparently this feature is being rebuilt from scratch.

I understand this is a sensitive subject, but would like to know if we're talking a time frame of a month out for a fix.

Thanks in advance.

• @haleba It is much ado about nothing very much.

Just move the mouse cursor away from the video to lose the icon, e.g. up into the YouTube search bar.

I suggest installing the Snapshot version as a standalone version to test it for yourself without affecting your default installation of Vivaldi Stable 2.10 (or whatever).

The latest Snapshot made some improvements, but there are some more bugs to fix like PiP not working reliably on a secondary monitor, which won't affect those who do not use PiP (if you have two monitors, just watch fullscreen on one of them).

• I don't have a solution, but it is killing Vivaldi for me. I find it reeeealllly annoying -and it doesn't even tell you what it is, so it was difficult to find anything on it or why it is there. It was only after checking if that pop out icon shows in videos in Chrome that I discovered it was something to do with vivaldi. Even then -"what to call it?" to help search.
    For the first time since switching to Vivaldi I have this to say: YUCK!

@gunthergloop A solution is already in the works.

• @Ayespy Can it be expected anytime soon? I realise there are bigger matters going on in the world, but I need to away from that annnoying box in the middle-top of every video.

• @gunthergloop It is already available. Just install the latest Snapshot as a Standalone version, leaving 2.11 Stable as it is.

alt text

Specs: AMD A10-6800K, 8 Gb (WinSPRLevel = 5.9) on Win 10 64-bit 1909 build 18363.720 • Snapshot 2.12.1856.3 (64-bit)

• I have been experiencing an issue where the popout square will not hide when viewing videos on youtube in full screen.

I have tried the feature i think over a month now and I have not used it once. To be honest, it is not something that I need. It would be great if i could disable that square completely because it is annoying in the middle of the video. If we must have it then bottom right corner is probably best and have it hide automatically after 1 or 2 seconds. It should be there but not seen.

• @simonvr Please read the thread before posting.

@simonvr Check the newest Snapshot[1] , it got a fix. You can install it separately[2].

[1] Snapshot 2.12.1856.3
    [2] Install a Snapshot as Standalone

• @Pesala I've installed it. It's a pity it's such a pain. I'm not sure which version to run with for the time-being, but it's no big deal of course in the grand scheme of things.

• @gunthergloop You don't need to choose. You can run both at once if you wish. Install the Stable in Program Files and install the Snapshot as a Standalone in any suitable folder.

• @simonvr Just do what I do and use chrome until there is an option to remove it. Easy peasy, I just check every few days.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.