Feature request - show link destination when status bar is hidden

• I think that it would be usefull, if destination link could be shown in tooltip in bottom left corner (as in Firefox, or Chrome), when status bar is hidden. Currently, the only reason why I keep status bar visible is so that I see where a link is going on rollover.

• +1

• Hi, I added reference to custom.css into common.css and inserted the code from the post you mention in custom.css. It does not work. I am using the latest snapshot 1.0.283.8, on Windows 8.1. Any further suggestions, please?

Thanks.

• Well, the latest snapshot is actually 1.0.288.3

But the css from kotoro's post is working perfectly well for me. Did you add it to the correct location in the file system? Here's the guide I always paste in reply to people who are having issues with custom css:

1. Windows: open directory %localappdata%\Vivaldi\Application\1.0.249.12\resources\vivaldi\style
      ā€“- Linux: open directory /opt/vivaldi-snapshot/resources/vivaldi/style/
    2. Open "common.css"
    3. At the very top of the file, add:```
      @import "custom.css";
    5) Paste this code into the file:

#footer.disabled{
    display:block !important;
    position:static !important;
    padding:0 !important;
    height:0 !important;
    width:0 !important;
    }

#footer.disabled > *{
    display:none !important;
    }
    #footer.disabled #status_info{
    display:block !important;
    }

#footer.disabled #status_info span{
    position:fixed !important;
    bottom:0 !important;
    left:0 !important;
    margin:0 !important;
    color:#333 !important;
    background-color:#FEFEFE !important;
    padding:2px 5px !important;
    border:#9E9E9E solid 0 !important;
    border-width:1px 1px 0 0 !important;
    max-width:50% !important;
    overflow: hidden !important;
    white-space: nowrap !important;
    text-overflow: ellipsis !important;
    z-index:50 !important;
    }

#footer.disabled #status_info span:empty{
    display:none !important;
    }

Vivaldi will need to be restarted after changes are made to these files.

• It would be great if this functionality appeared in Vivaldi without any hacking needed on the user's end.
    I have another feature request too: If I move the mouse to the top of the screen in Chrome I can easily switch to the desired tab. Vivaldi's tabs don't reach to the top of the screen so I have to carefully position my mouse pointer. I think Chrome's method would be better in Vivaldi too.

• It might well be added in the future, but as Vivaldi's in an alpha state right now (some would say pre-alpha state), some features we may expect it to have don't necessarily exist or behave as they should.

As for the space above tabs:

Vivaldi settings > Tabs > Remove Tab Spacing in Maximized Windows

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.