Feature Request: copy text without formatting

• This is an issue I have with every browser, except classic Opera. When I copy text from somewhere, it always copies the formatting. This is incredible annoying because I have to copy the text into the notepad and copy it again to get rid of the formatting. It would be great if I could copy text without formatting.

• @Wicket1138:

This is an issue I have with every browser, except classic Opera. When I copy text from somewhere, it always copies the formatting. This is incredible annoying because I have to copy the text into the notepad and copy it again to get rid of the formatting. It would be great if I could copy text without formatting.

I would dearly love to have this option as well, but I gather it is a non-trivial effort to build it in to a Chromium browser. I hope that day will come, however. In the meantime, there is ctrl+shift+v to paste without formatting, or better still, the extension Auto Copy 3.0.5, which I installed from the Chrome Store.

• @Wicket1138:

It would be great if I could copy text without formatting.

Strongly agreed!

• +1

• link selection

• @Ayespy:

I would dearly love to have this option as well, but I gather it is a non-trivial effort to build it in to a Chromium browser. I hope that day will come, however. In the meantime, there is ctrl+shift+v to paste without formatting, or better still, the extension Auto Copy 3.0.5, which I installed from the Chrome Store.

Thx for the suggestion, I'll try that.

@Stardust:

+1

• link selection

Yes, the link selection in classic Opera ist great. Thats another really annoying thing.

• seeing the paste in notepad intermediary step , may suggest, this would be a good toolbar feature in vivaldimail compose screen (where you use notepad now) or could switch from html to plain text before pasting accomplish the task? a toolbar button to remove formatting would be better; a context click on notes could be handy? shft+cntrl+v certainly is the immediate ticket. thanks.

• @i_ri:

seeing the paste in notepad intermediary step , may suggest, this would be a good toolbar feature in vivaldimail compose screen (where you use notepad now) or could switch from html to plain text before pasting accomplish the task? a toolbar button to remove formatting would be better; a context click on notes could be handy? shft+cntrl+v certainly is the immediate ticket. thanks.

Also, using the Auto Copy extension I noted above, merely highlighting a section of text copies it plaintext to the clipboard. If you highlight/rightclick/copy, it copies it with formatting. But with the highlight=copy feature, one actually saves a step, and can go straight to wherever they want the text to appear, and paste it.

The only weakness of this extension is that you can set it to work in textboxes - so that if you forget, and highlight text that you wrote, which you want to replace with clipboard contents, you inadvertently copy the stuff you wanted to get rid of to the clipboard. But if you can remember not to do that, it's pretty handy.

• hello. Found. There Is Remove Formatting Button on
    .mail compose toolbar in
    Try Our New Interface @ v i v a l d i . n e t
    the previous suggestions are superior methods. but i found it there.

• +1 agreed, this would be a very good feature.

• For work I'm currently taking output from a calculation suite and post-processing it in a spreadsheet.

The calculation output is an HTML page… so I'm copy-pasting cells of data between Internet Explorer and Excel (no other options since I'm just a cog in a corporate machine).

I just luuurrrrrvvvvve how I can't CTRL-C, CTRL-V but have to use right-click and move the mouse to the "no formatting" option in Excel every...single...bloody...time!

Mind you, I also just "love" the fact that there is no default paste-without-formatting key-combination in Excel. Clearly no-one in Microsoft ever actual handles real data with their rubbish software.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.