Snapshot 1.0.283.8 Youtube video playback issues.

• Hi everyone, today I updated my snapshot to Snapshot 1.0.283.8 and when I watching youtube videos, the videos became laggy and freezes sometimes, I haven´t experienced this issue with previous snapshots, also the UI of the browser became kinda slow when I change between tabs and opening new tabs. Info. Vivaldi: Snapshot 1.0.283.8 X64 Windows 7 X64

• For me the video's aren't being laggy, but there is a brief pause in playback once or twice on every video.

• I have no problems whatsoever with YouTube playback. Maybe it's your hardware specs. My PC is relatively old, but it can run Windows 10, play games like The Elder Scrolls Online, GTA5, etc. I've noticed people here posting screenshots of Windows XP, I'm guessing those people have really low-end PCs.

Right now in order for things to work properly, people need PCs from around 2010 at least. Everything in technology is evolving pretty fast so developers don't keep in mind low-end users anymore, since they are considered a minority, thus they focus on average and high-end users, as a result, low-end users usually have problems with certain web services.

In this case with Vivaldi being in an early development stage, it's hard to determine if it's the user's hardware specs causing the problem, Vivaldi itself or both combined.

• I don't have any problems with Youtube-playback in the newest snapshot either (running Win10 x64 with Vivaldi x64).
    Have you tried watching Youtube with other Chromium based browsers ?

• In my case it's unlikely a hardware problem unless it's to do with compatibility. i7 4790k, fairly good specs. But you guys are right that it could be another issue, I suspect my network might have just been trippy for a bit :p I'll keep an eye on it.

• The latest snapshot now tells sites that H.264 video is "maybe" supported. However, it doesn't seem to actually tell the sites that it's not, when they try to play it. This provides intermittent issues with YouTube (for example, the ad plays for https://youtu.be/3qAFwZs0tug but not the actual video) in 1.0.283.8, but the videos worked fine previously. Other sites, likewiise, now fail to fall back to content which Vivaldi can actually play.

Unfortunately, unlike for Linux, there is no option for Windows users at this time to fully enable H.264 support. (See my walls-o'-text in the snapshot blog comments for details.) For Windows users, I suggest reverting to the previous snapshot; this will at least get your video working on sites with non-H.264 content again (most of them).

• I'd say there is definitely something not working on 1.0.283 and (YouTube) videos.

With 1.0.283 I stopped being able to see YouTube videos at all (or the few I tried). But I could using Opera 12.17

I downgraded to 1.0.279 and they work fine.

(Linux, rpm installation, OpenSuse)

• @rkzn:

I'd say there is definitely something not working on 1.0.283 and (YouTube) videos.

With 1.0.283 I stopped being able to see YouTube videos at all (or the few I tried). But I could using Opera 12.17

I downgraded to 1.0.279 and they work fine.

(Linux, rpm installation, OpenSuse)

Youtube isn't working here too.
    1.0.283, rpm installation, Fedora 22

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.