📼 📑 🖨

--

alt text

What a good question / reminder!! 👏 🎩

😄😄😂😄😄

--

Here, using Windows:

• SyncBackFree

• Backing up locally on a Time machine folder 😄 on D.

• Also online, syncing Time machine to pCloud.

• Usually, 3 - 4 times per Month.

• Currently just replacing older instead of versioning.

--

• I do scheduled weekly incremental backups of my user profile using Areca Backup. Java-based, unfortunately not updated for years, but very configurable and I like how the archives are plain zip files. It also allows for filtered exclusions of useless folders like cache and so on I don't need to backup.

I also do weekly full-partition backups of the OS+System partitions using Aomei Backupper. Chinese firm, but don't let that make you sceptical - it's really good and fast, backs up the whole partition (15-20GB) in a couple of minutes once a week. Full system restore works like a charm, I've used it several times. And their support (and English skill) is really good for a Chinese company, which is rare. Their base product is free, I used it for years, but found it worthy to buy just to support a good product*.

I have not done a single OS reinstall since I installed my PC in 2015 - because I backup. If I mess something badly up, I just go back 1 week and is all set again. In fact, I have started to think I should maybe do a OS install once in a while just because I've completely forgotten how it's done! 😂

* I am not in any way affiliated with Aomei, just to be clear 🙂

😄

Install guide for the future!

Actually it is a very good management.
    5 years ago! xDDD

Just 15/20Gb?
    What OS do you have?

--

Here, one of the computers has W10 since 2013 +/-, still works, can't update because disk space but enough for now.

• @Zalex108 said in V Profile Backup:

5 years ago! xDDD

Actually - come to think of it, my current system came pre-installed with Win8.1 Pro, so I've not done a full OS install since installing a (pirated) Win7 about a decade ago. Let's just say I hate doing OS installs 😉

Just 15/20Gb?

Yes - Win10 Pro. I install software/games and keep other files on separate partitions to not make full-partition backups too large. Backups are around 10GB a piece. It's perfectly doable if you control where stuff is installed, and do regular cleanups of caches and stuff like that.

The OS partition itself is 80GB and I could probably resize it to 50GB but I don't bother.

@Pathduck said in V Profile Backup:

@Zalex108 said in V Profile Backup:

5 years ago! xDDD

Actually - come to think of it, my current system came pre-installed with Win8.1 Pro, so I've not done a full OS install since installing a (pirated) Win7 about a decade ago. Let's just say I hate doing OS installs 😉

Just 15/20Gb?

Yes - Win10 Pro. I install software/games and keep other files on separate partitions to not make full-partition backups too large. Backups are around 10GB a piece. It's perfectly doable if you control where stuff is installed, and do regular cleanups of caches and stuff like that.

The OS partition itself is 80GB and I could probably resize it to 50GB but I don't bother.

Hummm... sure,

That way is feasible.

I have some apps on C, but mostly use PortableApps located on D.

Despite that, still 50Gb +/- in use on C, but AOMEI spends around 20', quite fast.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.