“GoogleSoftwareUpdate.bundle” is an app downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it?

• This popup began constantly this morning and will not take "Cancel" to stop. Does this have something to do with the new version of Chrome?

2.10.1745.26 and 10.15.1

• Frustrating. I cannot find this download in my download folder and cannot see it arriving in my download panel.

I do find four copies of googlesoftwareupdate.bundle in a folder called googlesoftwareupdate, but none of the copies has a recent date in getinfo.

The popup implies that the app has been downloaded but seems to be in limbo as far as I can see.

Today I was going to install 10.15.2. Do you all feel the popup will still be there after doing that since it seems to be a google app?

• In what way do you think this is related to Vivaldi? It sounds to me like your OS is asking you if you want to run this application/installer?

If you install Google software (Chrome, Drive etc) it will install services in your OS to keep the software updated. Probably it should not even ask the user but maybe security settings on your system intercepts it. Any way, this is not a Vivaldi issue.

Uninstall any Google software on your system (recommended) and you'll see the issue go away 😉

• Thanks for the reply. In my initial post I mentioned that V went to a new version of Chrome and I wanted to see if others were affected. That appears not to be the case.

When this popup began I was at weather.gov looking for some sunrise/sunset info; not on a sketchy site and so that is why I came here.

• The message reads like it is from macOS, I think Google Earth Pro also uses Google Software Update to update itself, as mentioned by Pathduck about all software from Google uses Google Software Update. Do you have any of Google's software installed?

Many search engines now will show sunrise/sunset when you search for a word like sunrise.

10.15.2 is a security update and does have bug fixes also.

• I Looked at my system software before I started to post this reply; unless I am missing something, it does not appear to be a Vivaldi problem; reason, I have deleted everything Google, from my user library, and cache folders as well; you are using Catalina; this version is not the most current;10.15.2 is the most current, an Vivaldi is 2.10.1745.27. After an update of both the MacOS and Vivaldi; you will still have issues, because Catalina is not agreeable with some programs, and you have no 32 applications that will run.
    Because of the fact that Catalina is not agreeable, has me using ElCapitan without any headaches. Vivaldi is 64 but I do not think Catalina is in agreeable with Vivaldi.
    Remove all Google p.list files, bundles, do a search and make sure all Google software is removed, then do a clean install.

@robtpatrick

😆
    Please stop removing!!

Just run a Guest Window or create a default Test Profile for persistent changes.

Then check anything there.
    If you need to delete at some point, previously create a backup.

--

From now on, please suggest those steps, deleting could be not reverted unless back it up, some settings are linked to others.

--
    "Off Topic Tip"
    Follow the Signature's Backup | Reset link.
    Take the opportunity to start a Backup plan and even create a Template Profile.

SyncBack | Synkron helps.

Windows 7 (x64)
    Vivaldi Reset | Back up

• @Zalex108 Excellent point, except I use a Mac, not Windows, and deletion of everything Google solved a multitude of headaches.
    I do not use a Windows computer, although, I have repaired, and resolved issues with users!!

@robtpatrick

Related to Vivaldi, the steps are same for every Desktop OS.

Guest window, Test Profile, Backup...

Apart from to aknow where the problem come from to avoid it.

--
    In that case, Google has some answers about.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.