Opera 12 Refugee Here

• Hello! I'm one of those stubborn people still using Opera 12 because New Opera went off on an abrupt tangent from the original vision. I was very happy to find out about Vivaldi. I hope it continues to gain steam! puts his tabs on the BOTTOM, like a sane person :D Here is my feedback so far: There's no option in the installer to avoid pinning to taskbar. I use an old-fashioned Quick Access Bar to keep my quick shortcuts separate from regular items on my taskbar. When changing settings, if I try just changing my Homepage and then closing settings right away, it doesn't take effect. I have to actually change other options on that same settings page as well for the text field to save. If I try to click on a blank area of the window the text field still retains focus and doesn't trigger a save either. There's no Title of the current page at the top of the browser, either in regular or "Native Window" mode, if I choose Horizontal Menu instead of Vivaldi Button. I like being able to see the full title of the current page. I look forward to being able to change the theme and the buttons to the left of the address bar. I have two custom buttons in Opera 12 that get heavy use: Open Homepage In New Tab, and Toggle Side Panel. I did notice the latter button is available in the status bar, but I prefer having more real estate. Most of the buttons in the status bar don't get used by me on a regular basis, so I would just access them through the menu. I'd like the ability to disable saving of passwords globally. Netflix doesn't work in Vivaldi yet. I know it works in the latest version of Opera. I have six browsers installed on my machine and Netflix only works on a couple; it's ridiculous.

• @oldbushie:

There's no Title of the current page at the top of the browser, either in regular or "Native Window" mode, if I choose Horizontal Menu instead of Vivaldi Button. I like being able to see the full title of the current page.

I miss that too. :(

@oldbushie:

Netflix doesn't work in Vivaldi yet. I know it works in the latest version of Opera. I have six browsers installed on my machine and Netflix only works on a couple; it's ridiculous.

Yes, see here, maybe it helps to fake the User Agent with a Chrome extension.

• Yeah, I'm sure getting Netflix to work is just a matter of time, but it is annoying. No way to change User Agent yet, at any rate.

Also, I've included screenshots of how my Opera 12 is laid out. As you can see, I really like a minimalist layout. :)

[attachment=1743]Opera1.png[/attachment]

[attachment=1744]Opera2.png[/attachment]
    Attachments:

• @oldbushie:

Yeah, I'm sure getting Netflix to work is just a matter of time, but it is annoying. No way to change User Agent yet, at any rate.

You could use an extension and try it :)

• @DorianGray:

@oldbushie:

Yeah, I'm sure getting Netflix to work is just a matter of time, but it is annoying. No way to change User Agent yet, at any rate.

You could use an extension and try it :)

Ah! Extensions do work. :D I thought there was something about extensions not working yet, or maybe only partially working. I got "User-Agent Switcher for Chrome" and set the extension to spoof the browser as being Firefox for netflix.com.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.