Viewing pdf with third party-app?

• Hi, sorry if this has been addressed multiple times but I could not find any information: is it possible to automatically view pdf files with an external application? I would love to be able to just click on the link to a pdf file and have it open with xpdf, without any intermadiate step. Other than that I'm a relatively new user and quite satisfied by the way vivaldi fares compared to other browsers. :)

• Welcome!
    Sure.
    Go to: vivaldi://plugins
    Disable both pdf plugins

Now go somewhere to find a pdf.
    You can choose to save the pdf or open it.
    Select "open" and you're done

(ps: it will open the pdf with your default pdf program. If you didn't, set as default pdf viewer the program you want to read pdfs with. ex: adobe reader, evince, etc)

• Thanks a lot for the answer!

This is nice but still quite not what I would like, which is that the file would open without asking for confirmation (which many browsers allow). But still it's an improvement! :)

• Idk if you can tweak that, sorry

• Don't apologize and thanks for your time! ;)

• I would also like to be able to tell Vivaldi to open the PDF directly in my third-party app (in my case that is Adobe Acrobat Professional). That is how it works in Firefox.

@lkview
    Which Linux do you have?

Normaly in Linux's Systemsettings you cant set a program for a File type association for application/pdf
    I thought you can set Adobe Acrobat Pro as default viewer its settings for Linux.

And you have to diaable the Chrome PDF Viewer plugin in Vivaldi.
    Open chrome://plugins
    At "Chromium PDF Viewer " select Deactivate

After this every PDF is downloaded an opend in your external PDF-Viewer.

!!! To open PDFs in external app In newer Vivaldi versions !!!
    Open Vivaldi Settings → webpages
    Goto section Plugins
    Deactivate Enable Internal PDF viewer

• @gwen-dragon

Sorry for dig the old thread. A quick question. Is there anyway to open downloaded PDF from the downloads list with external PDF reader? I like the internal PDF reader which is very convenient. But after I downloaded the PDF file, and try open it from Downloads list (the sidebar), I will prefer to use more powerful external PDF reader.

Thanks

@sindarusco If you disabled the Internal PDF viewer you can double-click on entry of download list to open the PDF with external standard PDF program.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.