Speed Dial has dissapeared

• Hi All, My Speed Dial has disappeared. I can open the Speed Dial home page but it doesn't have any of my saved dials. It does offer the option to add a new folder. When on a web page I no longer have the option to add it as a favourite to Speed Dial (only to the various favourite folders I have set up). I had recently performed a CCleaner clean-up and assume this may have caused it. I'm wondering how I can get back the add to Speed Dial function? Thanks, MC

• That is a known bug (during internal update to Chromium 45 base) and may be fixed in next Snapshot. I hope.

• Beagslife - I have run into the same problem. However if I click on the "+" (plus sign) on the Speed Dial page, then Speed Dial, Bookmarks and History appear as they should. Then the rest of the time I am logged in for this session, Speed Dial works as it should.

The only issue with this work-around is that I now have a blank Speed Dial New Folder that is empty and I have to delete. I hope this helps you until the bug is repaired.

• Damn invisibility potions!!

Well it happened to me once but now it works as expected,
    just play with the "+" button a bit

It's bugged but you can make it work

• Thanks all,

At least I know it's not just me.

All I get when I press the + is a new folder. I don't see any return of my Speed Dial's and I still don't have the option to add a site to Speed Dial. On the Speed Dial page all I have along the top is the +, Bookmarks and History tabs.

Would reinstalling Vivaldi help the situation?

What is the feeling on the next update? Is it still a while away? I'm having to revert to Opera 12 while I have this issue.

Thanks again for the feedback.

MC

• Same bug here :unsure:

• @Beagslife:

Thanks all,

At least I know it's not just me.

All I get when I press the + is a new folder. I don't see any return of my Speed Dial's and I still don't have the option to add a site to Speed Dial. On the Speed Dial page all I have along the top is the +, Bookmarks and History tabs.

Would reinstalling Vivaldi help the situation?

What is the feeling on the next update? Is it still a while away? I'm having to revert to Opera 12 while I have this issue.

Thanks again for the feedback.

MC

You can consider using the bookmarks toolbar or using an another speed dial extension for a week or so
    I don't think reinstalling would help with it since you'd use the same profile.
    Using a different profile could eventually help

When you press + you can get back to the speed dial pressing escape

• This is a very well known issue and a few workarounds exist in different threads on the forums. I find this one by The_Solutor works most consistently.

You can also check out this thread started by An_dz about using custom icons for your speed dial.

Vivaldi snapshot version 1.0.279.3 was released today.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.