Set new tab default page to Speed Dial 2?

• I like to use Speed Dial 2 from the Chrome Web Store. I have it syncing across Chrome and Opera. I Have it installed in Vivaldi latest snapshot and setting Homepage to vivaldi://newtab it will open, I'm not sure why!. However I would like Speed Dial 2 to open each time I open a new tab. At present Vivaldi's speed dial opens in that case. I have tried to set up the extension 'New Tab Redirect' but that doesn't work. Is there a way to do this from within Vivaldi without the use of an extension or is there another extension that will work?

• Thanks, much appreciated. I can probably find and edit bundle.js but I'm not sure what the string should be. When I have the Speed Dial 2 open I see just vivaldi://newtab in the address bar. How do I find the correct string to enter?

• I surprised myself. Looking at the extensions page I suddenly realised that the required string is the extension ID. I found bundle.js and did the substitution and bingo! I have my Speed Dial 2 in Vivaldi. Result! Thanks for the help.

I see that there is a separate bundle.js for each old version of Vivaldi. Does that mean I have to perform this same exercise after each update?

• @rafiki:

I see that there is a separate bundle.js for each old version of Vivaldi. Does that mean I have to perform this same exercise after each update?

The answer to that is yes! After the latest snapshot update I was back with the vanilla speed dial.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.