Loading twice

• I haven't found any specific posts on my issue. When I start Vivaldi two start pages load. One is as requested, load the previous tabs, the other one is blank.

If I click on a link to a web page (in Twitter for example) the 'blank' page displays it.

My options shows - 6d8fd21d-9085-4daf-ad76-d42639167221-image.png

Lenovo B50-10 Windows 10 1903

@barrym Did you close with two windows open? A StartPage is a specific tab. What is the "blank" page you are seeing - is it in its own window?

• @Ayespy Well, I usually close the open window, but may have closed with two open sometimes.
    The blank page shows as a 'shadow' on the taskbar, behind the 'last page' one I use as an opening page normally. However, as I said, if I call for new page it always open in the shadow screen.

@barrym So you are opening with two instances of Vivaldi, the "shadow" one being the last one the system closed. This is not related to Vivaldi. It's system error or user behavior.

• And today fc68fba4-8f33-4a47-ac46-5af07765a471-image.png

• Sorry hit the return too fast - three versions.

I agree it looks like an error, but where? I have looked at taskmaster etc., and where ever else I could think of. Yesterday I made sure to delete the second page, today I get three!

• @barrym First let's get our definitions straight. It looks like it's opening three windows, not pages/tabs. A window is a separate instance you can move around, with the menu and min/max/close buttons. Tabs open inside the window.

It shouldn't really be relevant to opening windows, but what are your settings under Startup > Startup with? Last session, Specific pages?

How do you start Vivaldi? A shortcut on the desktop, start menu, or one pinned to the task bar? What is the Target of this shortcut (Right-click > Properties).

• @Pathduck said in Loading twice:

How do you start Vivaldi? A shortcut on the desktop, start menu, or one pinned to the task bar? What is the Target of this shortcut (Right-click > Properties).

…and how many times do you click on it?

• I haven't been online for a couple of days, but today it is loading only one WINDOW..... don't ask me why, I changed nothing...... ho-hum

Thanks for the advice.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.