Search box suggestions not selectable by down arrow (Mint)

• I'm very new to Linux, but have been using Vivaldi for a few years on Windows. In my Mint install, I'm having issues with the search box. Specifically, if I type something in the box and the list of suggestions comes up below, I can't use the arrow keys to cycle through the suggestions that pop up. I can use the mouse, but most of the time the whole suggestion is not visible, so you don't really know what you're selecting if you use the mouse.

I've done very little troubleshooting so far, besides confirming that it works as expected on my Win10 install of Vivaldi, and also works as expected in the latest Firefox for Linux. Before diving in further, I just wanted to check if this was a known issue that others are experiencing?

I'm on Vivaldi 2.9.1705.41 (stable channel).

• num lock/caps lock/scroll lock must be off, it's a known long standing bug

• @mcgr I can not confirm. Before jumping on conclusion, There is a command line that help us to where the issue is.

The test creates a clean profile, totally isolated from the system. It is purged dnce you closed
    if the arrow key is not present in the test, then the issue lies on your profile.

Open the terminal and copy and paste the command bellow

/usr/bin/vivaldi-stable --user-data-dir="/tmp/TEST-VIV" &

The wecolme page will load, see the issue is present in the new profile.

• @iAN-CooG

Thanks! Turning off numlock worked. Seems a strange bug, as I'm not using the arrow keys on the number pad, and after turning off num lock I still can't use the arrow keys on the number pad, but I can use the dedicated arrow keys. A bit annoying to not be able to use the number pad, but since I'm not going to be doing a ton of spreadsheet work on my Linux machine, its not the end of the world either. Really appreciate you pointing out the fix. I'd done a search of the forums, but hadn't found anything relevant.

• Just realized that I'd searched only in the Linux forums originally, which explains why I didn't find the other posts. My current Windows machine is a laptop, so I only see the bug if I've accidentally put caps lock on. My Linux machine is a dual boot, but one that I hadn't been using regularly until I put Linux on it last week, so I guess I just didn't notice whenever this bug was reintroduced.

• Topic tagged as resolved.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.