HTML5 proprietary media support missing

• Banned

i just install manjaro 18.1.3 kde 64 bit on friday to give it another go and overall i'm loving it. i do have one issue, and it more i forgot what i did to resolve it in vivaldi stable. i installed vivaldi stable and snapshot via manjaro's software center. went through a couple of steps to enable html5 video support, then replaced the user folder with my saved user folder and everything was perfect. now in snapshoti just got around to running it, shutting it down, and replacing the user folder with my saved folder. i figured since i addressed the html5 video issue in stable and that's part of the os that snapshot would have the issue when i reopened it, but right out of the gate i get "Vivaldi lacks a suitable component to play HTML5 'proprietary' media (H.264/AAC). help please, thanks

modedit added tab and replaced title

• Banned

i just tried the one fix be and still broken.

https://help.vivaldi.com/article/html5-proprietary-media-on-linux/

[xxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxx ~]$ sudo /opt/vivaldi/update-ffmpeg
    [sudo] password for gravedigger: 
    Proprietary media codecs (78.0.3904.70) has been installed (PLEASE RESTART VIVALDI)
    [xxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxx ~]$ sudo /opt/vivaldi-snapshot/update-ffmpeg
    Proprietary media codecs (78.0.3904.70) has been installed (PLEASE RESTART VIVALDI)
    [xxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxx ~]$ sudo /opt/vivaldi-snapshot/update-ffmpeg
    [sudo] password for xxxxxxxxxxx: 
    Sorry, try again.
    [sudo] password for xxxxxxxxxxx: 
    Proprietary media codecs (78.0.3904.70) was already present
    [xxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxx ~]$ 

• @LordOfTheNet1
    Hi, is it may missing Widevine support?

sudo /opt/vivaldi-snapshot/update-widevine

Cheers, mib

• Banned

@mib2berlin

thanks but still no such luck. will do a reboot and see if that helps. will report back. thanks again.

• Banned

@mib2berlin

the reboot did the trick. thanks

do you have for brave and chrome just in case? thanks

• @LordOfTheNet1
    Do you meant Brave and Chrome does not work?
    Check if a package ffmpeg-extra is installed.
    I am not a Manjaro user, only guessing.

Cheers, mib

• Banned

just want the info just in case. brave actually offered me the webvine. or i should say cbs did which means cbs is blocked fro offering it in vivaldi. and chrome looks to be fine out of the gate.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.