Snapshot 1.0.264.3 - Private browsing mode and improved web panels.

• Vivaldi Team

Hi, Today we add in a long requested feature, private browsing. We have also done further work on web panels. Private browsing This is the first implementation of private browsing in Vivaldi. To browse in private mode use "File → New Private Window". This is a great feature for browsing embarrassing web sites that you don't want recorded in your history. When browsing privately, the info badge and lines through the address field will give you subtle, visual clues that you are using this mode. Private Window URL Bar Please test this carefully. Since it is our first implementation it might not be bug free. Let us know if you find ways of leaking data. Web Panel improvements The web panel feature was rewritten to make it work better. The issue with being able to open links inside the main browser window is fixed. We also decreased the height of the the panel title bar and offer an option to hide it completely. The back and reload buttons have been combined into a home button that brings the panel back to its initial page and reloads it—context menus allow for more precise history navigation. https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/teamblog/item/50-snapshot-1-0-264-3-private-mode-and-improved-web-panels //Christian - Vivaldi Technologies

• Christian. I don't see the option of new private window on VIvaldi menu on Mac ???

Did you look under Menu/File?

• Yes, Only get New Window ( command N )
    No option for private window
    OSX Yosemite 10.10.4

Odd. Have you double-checked that you are on 1.0.264.3?

• Where do I find it ? I went to vivendi website and the last technical vesion 4 they propose to me 1.0,219.53
    When I check for update the answer is that I got the last version !!!???

That's because you're in the "technical previews" update stream. You want to be in the snapshots update stream.

Find the latest snapshot at the Vivaldi Team Blog, here: https://vivaldi.net/en-US/blogs/teamblog

After you install a snapshot rather than a TP, EVERY update will be found by auto update, whether its a TP or a snapshot.

• Can anyone else confirm that About->Vivaldi is broken when Developer Tools is open?

• 1.0.270.1 is the latest I believe can someone update this to that and can we have the changlelog for that?
    nvm found on the blog.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.