Is it recommended to use Vivaldi Webmail as your primary email?

• I realize that the development of new functions for the service is little commented here and I don't know how the project development is going. Is it recommended from a security perspective to use it as your primary email? Is the project still under development?
    Are any of you using it as your primary email and would like to share the experience?

• Ambassador

I believe that Vivaldi Mail as such, is no less secure than others, but there is an important security hole, not because of its function as a service, but because of the circumstance that everyone who visits this forum just have to see the nick of the users, to also know the corresponding email addresses of all of them. This is the only reason why I don't use Vivaldi as my main email.

@Catweazle said in Is it recommended to use Vivaldi Webmail as your primary email?:

but there is an important security hole, not because of its function as a service, but because of the circumstance that everyone who visits this forum just have to see the nick of the users, to also know the corresponding email addresses

Sorry, but security hole is the wrong wording. The mail service has no security issues! You mean weak privacy on mail address.

In my opinion Vivaldi Webmail can not be seen as a 24hr/365day mail service provider with 100% availability. You should use it at your own risks as your primary email.

If you need a professional mail please use a own mail server with a own domain or some mail providers like ProtonMail, GMX, GMail, Outlook etc.

• Ambassador

@Gwen-Dragon said in Is it recommended to use Vivaldi Webmail as your primary email?:

@Catweazle said in Is it recommended to use Vivaldi Webmail as your primary email?:

but there is an important security hole, not because of its function as a service, but because of the circumstance that everyone who visits this forum just have to see the nick of the users, to also know the corresponding email addresses

Sorry, but security hole is the wrong wording. The mail service has no security issues! You mean weak privacy on mail address.

Sorry, well this. But anyway it does not serve more than as a secondary mail. I use Proton and also Tutanota as the main emails.
    Vivaldi mail is fine for registrations on various sites and similar things (Proton and Tutanota on some sites are not accepted as a valid address, using them for this purpose).

• @Gwen-Dragon
    Sorry for the misinformation, but how was it not designed to work 24 hours?

@edsonneto //EDIT:
    May be my answer was misleading, it is designed to work 24h.
    But sometimes/rarely there outages: server updates, unreachable mailbox. That means for me: not 100,00%.

I've been using it for a couple of months and i feel good about it, the only problem i had was when i couldn't access it due to the SPAM filter, i contacted the team and in a couple of hours i was re-enabled.
    For the moment I am satisfied with it.

• Community Manager

@edsonneto thanks for reaching out and asking this question. We're offering Vivaldi Webmail as a gift back to the community who is helping us a lot. It's free and doesn't have any ads.

We update the Webmail software as often as it's possible and we do observe every now and then some downtime similar to many other providers. We're still working on setting up a status page to help users know what is happening when our services are down.

Does it help? 🙂

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.