Cannot Access Ebay (UK) With Vivaldi But Can with Opera

• For some reason I cannot access Ebay via Vivaldi. After entering my username and password I am greeted with the attached screen. Ticking the box results in the exact same page appearing. However Opera works fine with the login etc.vivaldi screenshot.jpg

• @techguy88 looks like you are not accepting cookies, click the padlock in the address bar, choose cookies and allow any blocked ones. Go to vivaldi://settings/privacy/ to check your global settings in the Cookie section. When reporting please include the browser version which you can find in vivaldi://about/ .

• Cookies set to "session only" ,block third party cookies not checked.
    2.9.1705.38 (Stable channel) (32-bit).

Never had this happen before. I will try again tomorrow.
    I do have one extension "Adblock Plus" but everything looks ok there too.

• Still having the same issue with Vivaldi today. However I now get the pics to tick for traffic lights etc.Takes about six attempts then I am able to login to Ebay. But when I sign out and then try a few minutes later to sign in again I have to go through the same process all over again. Creating a new user with a normal profile allows me to get into Ebay ok, but would not allow me to login to my Vivaldi forum account ! There is clearly something wrong. I have several computers that connect to the Internet via two different ISPs so I assume it is not malware. Failing an answer I will have to gradually withdraw Vivaldi from my machines.

• @techguy88 The fact a new profile would allow you to log in as normal is a sign something in your regular profile is causing the issue. When you create a new profile you will lose all set cookies from sites so you'd need to log in again on the forums for example. But completely resetting your profile is a chore I know, so best to leave that as a last resort.
    https://help.vivaldi.com/article/full-reset-of-vivaldi/

Have you tried to disable all extensions? You can either go through the extensions page and set all to disabled or launch Vivaldi with the --disable-extensions argument.

It would seem the issue is related to the reCaptcha (which AFAIK is a Google service). But not sure how that would fail if you do accept third-party cookies. Personally I would press F12 and look at the Network tab in devtools, then recreate the issue and look at the log, but I realise it's not for everyone to do this. If you recreate the issue you can save the data as a HAR file for others to examine, but that carries with it certain security implications with cookies and so on. I'd be willing to have a look if you are.

Also, have you reported it?
    https://vivaldi.com/bugreport/

You really should report it to Ebay support as well.

BTW, I didn't have an Ebay UK account but used the same I have for US and logging in worked fine.

• Thanks for your reply. I'm very dismayed by these issues. I was the first to report sometime ago that tooltips didn't work, reported it as a bug and got a message saying Vivaldi staff couldn't replicate the issue !!! Obviously that issue has been dealt with since. As regards Vivaldi now I am having to uninstal it as Opera works ok. I will reinstal Vivaldi in a few days to see if the issue gets cleared up. I can login to ebay and Vivaldi with opera and have made no changes to my system. I spend most of my time online installing Windows Updates or updating programs ,you know no dodgy stuff.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.