Passwords remembered , filled out, however list is empty

• Hello,
    My passwords are remembered and filled out correctly however when I try to look at the list of websites with saved passwords it says "No Saved Passwords" (Tools Settings Privacy)
    Vivaldi 2.8.1664.35 (Stable channel) (64-bit)
    Any hints ?

Do you use Autologin for your Linux account?
    Which password manaegment do you have? GNOME keyring, KWalletd?

• Gwen Dragon,

Thanks for the reply.

I do not use Autologin for my Linux account..

The post is referring to the passwords remembered and stored by Vivaldi not GNOME keyring or Lastpass or KWalletd or any other application.

Vivaldi will automatically fill in any passwords I have asked it to remember however when I go to Tools Settings Privacy there are no websites or passwords listed.

Bill

@BWBWBW And can you see the all saved passwords passwords if you open the internal Vivaldi page chrome://settings/passwords ?

@BWBWBW said in Passwords remembered , filled out, however list is empty:

Vivaldi 2.8.1664.35 (Stable channel) (64-bit)

You should backup your profile ~/.config/Vivaldi/ and update Vivaldi to more recent 2.9.1705.41

• As @Gwen-Dragon didn't clarify ... By default Vivaldi (and other Chromium-based browsers) uses your default system keyring to securely store passwords. If you did use Autologin, the first time you ran Vivaldi after starting a session you would see a prompt to open your default keyring. But as you don't use autologin the keyring is started automatically when you login and thus is completely transparent to you.

If you have both Vivaldi and another browser, you'd still see the login prompt only once for whichever browser is run first - once the keyring has been started any program that uses it will have access to it.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.