Stack pinned tabs

Just noting it again here in case it has somehow escaped the attention of the developers... It is not possible to stack pinned tabs, nor is it possible to pin a stack. The former inability is a regression. It WAS possible to stack pinned tabs only when tabs were on top, then it was possible everywhere, and now it is not possible. I'm sure Chomium 45 probably broke this but I haven't seen it mentioned in a couple of weeks, so I'm mentioning it now. Just sayin'...

I can immediately access stacked pinned tabs in my case. I merely click on the relevant bar. I only need to keep one stack of two pinned tabs and one stack of 3 pinned tabs. I always know which bar goes to which tab - and I can't accidentally close any of them.

I also have three other single pinned tabs.

I'm sure they will fix this. I can't imagine I'm the only one who finds it useful.

• @Ayespy:

Just noting it again here in case it has somehow escaped the attention of the developers…

I like to mention that pinned tabs (stacked or not stacked) should be freely movable (as in O12) and not forcefully put to the left (as in other browsers)

• @Ayespy:

I can't imagine I'm the only one who finds it useful.

I have four stacked and pinned tabs open in Opera 12.17, so I would find it useful. My reason for stacking the tabs in Opera is to stop them collapsing since I display tabs with text only, and pinned tabs without icons are not very useful.

[attachment=1637]PinnedTabsinOpera.png[/attachment]

The stack is usually expanded, but if I am opening several other tabs for some reason, I will collapse the stack to save space until I am done.

[attachment=1638]PinnedTabStack.png[/attachment]

In Vivaldi, I would be happy with icons, but four icons collapsed to a stack is just a bit awkward to access:. I would like the option to keep the stack expanded as in Opera.
    Attachments:

• Adding my voice / vote – capability to stack pinned tabs was a feature that i extensively used as soon as it became available in V, & for which i have been pining [for the fjords … Python, anyone?] since it broke. Inability to pin stacked tabs is a missing feature, but one i have hoped to see brought in each time we receive a cherished new SN. Fingers crossed that one day soon i shall be further delighted!!

• +1 vote for bringing back this functionality. Really useful in some cases.

• @goedl:

I like to mention that pinned tabs (stacked or not stacked) should be freely movable (as in O12) and not forcefully put to the left (as in other browsers)

Now thankfully it is possible to open new tabs right beside the active tab. Thanks for that.

But now it's even more annoying that opening a new tab from within a pinned tab it will not open beside the active tab but between the pinned and the not pinned tabs. So again please make pinned tabs movable and let new (unpinned) tabs reside between pinned tabs.

• +1 vote for bringing back stacking pinned tabs and moving them around freely (just as unpinned tabs).

Use case: I always have 30 or more tabs open, individually and in tab stacks. When I start Vivaldi, I use 'lazy loading' to make Vivaldi start faster. The pinned tabs, which I most frequently use (e.g. email), load immediately so I can use them straight away. I like the pinned tabs to be in one stack, because they then use the least amount of screen space and I know where they are.

• @glinders @pafflick said in Feature requests for 1.11:

Allow stacking pinned tabs / pin tab stacks

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.