Adblocker?

• Ublock origin is the best all purpose blocker at the moment.Not just ads but scripts also.

• @Priest72 uBO is very good, but her big sister is better yet... uMatrix [after one's learning curve is over].

• @Steffie said in Adblocker?:

@Priest72 uBO is very good, but her big sister is better yet... uMatrix [after one's learning curve is over].

yea i found umatrix to be more cumbersome or perhaps i am just impatient.?..

• @Priest72 I feel it's fair to call it initially "cumbersome" as you did, before one has had the chance to learn its ways & grasp how best to utilise its finely granular power. Hint: i was a uBO user/fan for many years, before i decided a few years back to investigate uM. Pls believe me when i say that my initial forays were less than impressive; i think i was a pretty dimwitted pupil. Like so many things though, improvement comes with practice & familiarity.

My uM custom rules list is simply giinormous, given it grows incrementally over time, each time i calibrate filters for some new website. My global settings in it disable JS & cookies, mixed-content & web-workers. Consequently i always feel comparatively safe anytime i land on some new website, as most potential nasties are disabled from the start. This strength [in my eyes] will be a glaring weakness in new users' eyes because it means that initially some/many sites either don't work properly, or sometimes even at all, until you finesse the myriad uM filters to suit that individual site.

uM is most definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but for those who like detail & fine control, it's just so cool. If i wasn't using uM i would definitely return to uBO coz it is also excellent.

Looks like your connection to Vivaldi Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.